Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 01:00:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/48 MiG-3 late ''black 12'' build  (Read 96349 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2014, 06:35:19 AM »

Hi,
I think the rockets will be OK Jason. No worries  Grin I put the plane thoughetter with blue tac (sort of) and had a intresting discovery. The landing gear leggs are made when there is no weight on it! When i installed the upper landing gear covers (the part with the knack in it), did not cover the leggs completely. When i looked for reference photo's, my plane was ''high'' on his leggs, while on photo's, the plane is lower to the ground... On to my sidecutter, putty and sanding tools. Modification: Lost count..

This is a bad thing never described before, for what I know. I suggest to insert a metal pin to streghten the legs after the cutting.

Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2014, 04:42:30 AM »

Hi Massimo,

Hi,
I think the rockets will be OK Jason. No worries  Grin I put the plane thoughetter with blue tac (sort of) and had a intresting discovery. The landing gear leggs are made when there is no weight on it! When i installed the upper landing gear covers (the part with the knack in it), did not cover the leggs completely. When i looked for reference photo's, my plane was ''high'' on his leggs, while on photo's, the plane is lower to the ground... On to my sidecutter, putty and sanding tools. Modification: Lost count..

This is a bad thing never described before, for what I know. I suggest to insert a metal pin to streghten the legs after the cutting.

Regards
Massimo
I have made the leggs a bit shorter. I have added a metal pin for strenght, like you suggested. Looking now at the angle now and the photo's, the plane now has a more realistic height. Also the PE parts are now better in place.

I have taken a look at the control surfaces on the wings, and filled these up with a small evergreen strip due a too large gap between the wing and the control sufaces. Finally the last part with putty...

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
4bogreen

« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2014, 04:49:15 AM »

Yes! The plane is done! i only have to make a small modification to the gunsight, but that is a small thing.
I am ''bluetacking'' the plane all thoughetter for some photo's.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
And then...primertime!!!

On the bench,
4bogreen

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2014, 02:11:19 AM »

Ready... Yes, Ready  Shocked Now everything has come thougether, i can see why the MiG-3 is such an atractive aircraft. Its lines are beautiful. A sleek and dynamic design.

I hope you like it!

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
Spitfire

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:43 AM »

Looking good, what colour are you using for the inside of the flaps ?

Cheers

Dennis
learstang

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »

Good work, Remco! I look forward to seeing her with the paint on.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
4bogreen

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2014, 11:41:41 PM »

Thanks guys  Cheesy

@ Dennis- I wil paint the inside of the flaps AII blue, just like the underside.

@ Jason- I hope to paint soon. Do you know what colors the rockets and rocketframe was? My best guess is 4BO green...

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
learstang

« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2014, 01:58:43 AM »

I don't know about the MiG-3, Remco, Massimo is a better bet there. However, for Il-2's, I paint the rocket rails black or the undersides colour (blue) (black if they're the old-style RO-82 rails, or blue if they're the streamlined rails). The rockets could be green, or they could be silver (natural metal), or they could be black, or a combination of black and silver. Sometimes they were black with a silver arming vane; sometimes black with a silver nose; sometimes silver with a black nose, etc. I'd look at photographs if you have them.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »

Hi Remco, hi Jason,
there are photos of a set of rails for MiG-3 with olive green finish somewhere, I think on scalemodels.ru.
About the rockets, I've photos of black rockets with olive green terminal part and fins; another photo shows silver body with green (or black) rear part.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »

Intresting details here. I have looked at some photo's and seeing some rockets with a silver nose and black rear. The rocket rails is going to be olive green. Thanks for the assistance!  Smiley

On the bench,
Spitfire

« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »

I'm glad that came up now I know what to do with my kits rockets, thanks

Cheers

Dennis
otto

« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2015, 10:26:25 PM »

Truly a great job, Remco  Cheesy. I tried to mount Eduard flaps on my MiG-3, but I destroyed them  Cry!
You said that you will paint the flaps inner side blue, but Massimo's profile shows silver undersurfaces. Has anything changed in the information about this aircraft?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2015, 06:31:16 AM »

Hi Otto,
there are not new informations apart the known photo, only different interpretations, both possible.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »

Hey guys!

Today i went up to the addic and immediately started spraying my MiG-3  Cheesy . I am almost ready with the basecolor. Unfortunately, spraying the windshield, went not that well... The mask let lose while spraying and now i have two black dots on it  Angry . I did purchase the ICM replacement canopy from squadron, and i only intended to use the hood on it. The windshield is a bit smaller for the Trumpeter kit but i am having it ready, if i can not save the kit windshield. I sanded carefully the spots away with my glass fiber sanding pen and diped it again in the Alclad ALC 600 gloss clear cote. This stuff is great! When diped in, you can GE with Zapp a gap on it without having the so called whiteout on glass parts. The most is gone, but i think i have a try by poleshing the spots and dip it again in the lacquer. This procces must be done first, or i can not paint the Alclad aluminium coat on it...

@ Otto- its just my conclusion by looking at the photo (especially the landing gear doors). Both can be possible. That's also the nice thing, people are always openminded here. And the most important thing here, is to have fun. And building this MiG is fun and a challenge

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »

Hi Remco,
the white paint on the windshield was acrilic, or an enamel? Acrilics can be easily removed by alchohol without fogging the canopy (please make a test on a sprue before attempting, sometimes one can find types of plastic different from expectations).

Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: