Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New page on Il-2M3
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 02:38:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New page on Il-2M3  (Read 22843 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: March 01, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »

Hi,
a new drawing.

The plane is this one.

White 07, a plane of the 566th ShAP during summer 1944.

The inscription behind the star means 'Avenge for Khristenko' ; an unit emblem is painted forward of the star. A thin colored (blue or orange?) band passes through the fin, and the spinner tip is white.
The plane can be attributed to Z.18 because of the conformation of the tail wheel fairing and because of the camouflage of the tail with light brown rudder and dark stabilizer. Unfortunately the arm of the technician covers the gun fairings, so we can't be sure.
The livery seems similar to other planes built in Z.18, and rather different from both templates of 1943; all photos are not sufficent to clarify well how this factory painted its Shturmoviks.

below: a detail of the similar emblem painted on the plane white 17 of the same unit, flown by the (later) twice HSU V.I. Mykhlik, the commander of the squadron It represent the skyline of Leningrad, and the slogan 'Za Leningrad'. means 'for Leningrad'. The characters are not identical to those of 07 because they appear oblique on 17.

Below: a detail of Mykhlik and the tail of his plane. We can see that the number 17 was painted higher than the 07; it seems that there is an half-cap of the same color of the oblique band on the top of the rudder (but it could also be an illusion due to the light).

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:51:04 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
KL

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:12 PM »

Hi Massimo,
Are you sure about the white spinner?
Few 566 shap photos show that planes had coloured spinners, but not white.  IMHO, more likely red, blue and yellow depending on the squadron:

Regiment's history at http://sescha.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=350

HTH,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:25:23 PM »

Hi Konstantin,
no, I'm not sure. I've often seen planes with black-white spinners in the Leningrad area. The spinner of this plane looks white on the photo, but I can't be sure.
Maybe the author of the posts on the Russian forum has more informations?
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »

Hi,
I've updated the drawing putting in evidence repaintings on the rear fuselage.
According to Alex, planes of 566 ShAP have had two white bands on the rear fuselage as unit markings during Vyborg operation in summer 1944, that were painted off at the time of these photos.
The slogan was clearly painted after this, while it's unclear if the arrow marking was older; it seems so, because its white outlines appear much less contrasting than those of the star.
Regards
Massimo
bbrought

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »

Massimo, I think I have said this before, but your profiles are really fantastic! I can't wait for you to update or renew some of he other aircraft on the site also.

BA Broughton
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 01:07:17 PM »

Thank you very much. I think to continue the profiles of Il-2 for a while, them I'll pass on some other thing. Perhaps an update of the MiG-3 page.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 10:43:31 PM »

Hi, I've attempted a reconstruction of the other one.

Jason, do you want the file of this one too?

Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »

Absolutely, Massimo!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
jonbius

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 12:39:19 AM »

Awesome! I just recently purchased the Accurate MiniaturesM Il-2M3, so these photos and profiles are perfect. Very nice work.

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »

Hi Jon and Jason,
I'm thinking to make all the profiles of Il-2M3 still missing from the photos of the Il-2M3 page. So I think that there'll be some new drawings in the next months, even if they are all known planes.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 08:40:32 AM »

Great work Massimo  Cheesy
I think i have found a perfect profile for my IL-2!!
If its a Vyborg plane, it wil fit perfectly with my T-34 tank in Vyborg. To bad there are no decals for it... Cry

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
4bogreen

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 09:45:42 AM »

Ah! i found the decals  Wink

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
learstang

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 04:58:19 PM »

Speaking of decals, I have a sheet from Eagle Strike Productions, which consists of a very comprehensive set of red stars, even some silver-outlined stars (it's in 1/72nd scale, but they may have it in 1/48th scale).  I have used these stars quite a few times, and they're very nice.  My question is, though, does anyone know of a decal sheet in either 1/72nd scale or 1/48th scale that includes white numerals in the different fonts/styles the Soviets used?  That's the problem I have when I wish to do a scheme that isn't represented in kit or aftermarket sheets - the bort (aircraft number), if it's in white.  Red or black I can make myself, but my printer cannot print out in white.  So if anyone knows of such a VVS sheet, that would be a great help.  I realise there are sheets for British, American, and German white codes (I have these), but I'm specifically looking for a VVS white code sheet.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:52:29 PM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »

Hi all,
here is my drawing of an already known plane for the book of Jason.

White 12 belongs to the same unit that appears on a movie of a postwar flight over Berlin.

The most characteristic thing is that the bort number white 12 is reported on the wingtip too.

The white part on the stabilizer looks lighter than the other white parts, so it could be a postwar addition. The plane has metal wings and the frst variant of the pattern of 1943. Note that the camo on the rear part of the fuselage and on the wings is much sharper than on the forward part of fuselage.

The sharp camouflage, the wide stars and the long tail wheel hood allows to attribute it to Z.1, even if the pattern on the right wing is less puzzle-like than usual.

I can't decide if the spinner is red or of the camo color. There are other photos of planes of the same unit, but the thing is unclear in their case too.

Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »

Hi,
another one.

Silver (?) 94 of capt.G.M.Parshin of 943 ShAP at the Karelian isthmus during the summer 1944. Parshin flew more than 100 missions with this plane. It has a slogan 'Mest'Barynovykh' (Avenge of the Barynovs, that are the dead in war relatives of these women ) written over the star and four victory marks painted in unknown color, possibly gold.

The photo with the trasversal bands, possibly white, is later; note that the first band is interrupted where the slogan was painted, even if we can't see it clearly on this image. Those three bands characterized the planes of 943th ShAP for the Vyborg operation in summer 1944.

The camo pattern is the first one of the directive of 1943.

The plane seems from Zavod 30, unusually without the tail boot. In consideration of the date, it could have wooden wings.

I've some doubts on the colors of the bands (white?), number (silver?) and slogan (for which I've supposed the use of golden paint).

Jason, as usual I'll send the files after eventual corrections.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: