Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Need help with MiG-3 seatbelts
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:36:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with MiG-3 seatbelts  (Read 12726 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »

Hi Ivan,
this is interesting. I wonder if they are considered an optional. Some sketches do exist but they don't seem to agree with the photos of the recovered armoured back that doesn't show slots or other joint points for them.
Regards
Massimo
tinleeds

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 11:06:49 PM »

Hi Massimo. This handbook said "no shoulder straps  for now but maybe fitted latter" I am a Russian and if Russian telling you "not for now but maybe I'll do it latter" that means (99%) - never Smiley
As you know production of MiG-3 was stopped to get priority for IL-2 (engines) I'm pretty sure that this aircraft, especially the earlier version never had shoulder straps. Again - have no photographs with shoulder straps, and the recollections of pilots, there were cases of injury against the dashboard during the emergency landing, which may indirectly indicate a lack of shoulder straps. But this is just my opinion and may differ from yours. Smiley
 Regards
Ivan. 
KL

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 11:10:17 PM »

Scanned document is a preseries MiG-1 flight test report and the photo shows I-200 seat.  Text above the photo says that tested plane didn't have shoulder straps and that the straps "will be installed", presumably on series machines.  Were they really installed on series MiG-3s, nobody knows...

Regards,
KL

PS.  This was posted while I was typing:
Hi Massimo. This handbook said "no shoulder straps  for now but maybe fitted latter" I am a Russian and if Russian telling you "not for now but maybe I'll do it latter" that means (99%) - never Smiley

Strictly speaking it doesn't say "for now" and it doesn't say "maybe"!!!
It only describes then current situation - "shoulder straps are absent" and what will be done in near future - "they will be installed later on"  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 03:57:16 AM by KL » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 06:21:30 AM »

Hi,
for now, I can't see belts nor their junction points or slots  on the backrest plate of MiG-3s.

It would be good to look at photos of pilots in the cockpits, to see if there are other belts overposed to those of the parachute.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: