Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hi everyone!
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 07:39:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 4471 times)
jonbius

« on: March 06, 2013, 07:11:17 PM »

I've recently taken an interest in WWII Russian aircraft. My main focus has been WWII Allied single engined fighters, but I've never built to many Russian subjects. After reading Red Star Airacobra: Memoirs of a Soviet Fighter Ace 1941-45 by Evgeniy Mariinskiy I decided to do some more VVS subjects. I've built several in the last few months, and have more in the works. The building and the research have been fun.

I look forward to learning more!

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
4bogreen

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »

Hi Jonbius  Smiley

Welcome here! You have come to the right place about the VVS. The book you read was an exelent book about the most contoversial aircraft of wwII. Of all Allied planes, the P-39 is my faforite.
I myself have great interest in the Lavochkin family and the Petlyakov pe-2 bomber.
Furter i can dream a T-34 tank till the bolt  Cheesy
I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Happy posting!

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
learstang

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:29:25 AM »

Jon, welcome to the site!  We have many knowledgeable people here.  My particular interest is the Il-2 Shturmovik so if you have any questions about that particular aeroplane, please let me know!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »

Hi,

Welcome.
If you have questions about weathering just ask.
For the rest as Jason said there are enough professionals here to answer any question.

Michel
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »

Hi Jon,
welcome here.
Regards
Massimo
jonbius

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:38:24 PM »

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  Smiley

Jon Bius