Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New paints MR. PAINT
Sovietwarplanes
April 24, 2024, 07:12:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New paints MR. PAINT  (Read 6495 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: August 16, 2013, 02:46:35 PM »

Hi,

I found recently on Czech page www.modelforum.cz a new SLovak producer of modeller paints - MR. PAINT. It has nothing to do with GSI Mr. Color... It is acronym of surname and first name of producer - Rene Molnar.

Info on the following pages is in Czech language, but pictures are (I think) informative enough.

Here is Yak-3 Eduard in 1/48 painted with those paints:
http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=77386&start=15

Here is MR. PAINT facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Paint/223919731080214

Here are prices in Czech Internet shop:
http://airbrushcentrum.cz/kategorie-modelarske-barvy-mr-paint--&k=105&p=105?PHPSESSID=a0eecd69a6b615c514089a838a56f14d

And here is short characteristic of that paints (google translation from http://www.modelplac.cz/pages/tipy_triky/mrpaint.htm):
Paints are packaged in a 30 ml glasses, very similar, if not identical to those metallic color Alclad II are sold. They are acrylic paints intended for application by spray gun. Colors have a very high odor (like Mr. Color color). For the dilution the solvents designed for color GSI Mr. Color, therefore GSI Mr. Color Thinner and GSI Mr. Color Levelling Thinner are recommended by the manufacturer. However, bottles are already prepared directly for spraying, so that the actual dilution is practically not necessary. Also you can mix each color Mr. Paint with paint GSI Mr. Color without colors collided.

Because the paints are intended for spray gun and are already diluted, remember to perfectly mix color in the bottle before opening. Inside there is a metal bullet that will help perfectly mix pigment and binder. It is not enough only to briefly shake it, paints must be really intensively shaked, even two minutes continuous time period.

Befor paints applying the model should be free of grease and preferably also provided with a coating spray of sealant (surfacer) to ensure perfect adhesion of the paint to the surface. Make sure to remove all dirt from the surface and to perfectly polished it. Under the bright and pastel shades (interior green, red, etc.) be sure to give solid white base coat (MRP-1) in order to achieve the correct shade of that particular color. If a paint is sprayed on gray base, then it is quite certain that the colors change slightly toned. Under the metallic shades (Silver super metalic) is then advantageous to use a glossy black base (MRP-5).

MR.PAINT seems to be quite a good alternative to AKAIN paints that are difficult to get.

Regards,
     66misos
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 02:49:21 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »

Hi Misos,
this is interesting, but... ? 5.36 for each can? No any other producer asks such a price! Besides, I think to understand that the paint can't be utilized by brush for any retouch.
Thank you for sharing the information.

Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 04:12:20 PM »

Hi Massimo,

I checked prices on the different Czech and Slovak internet shops and compared them with other vendors:

MR.PAINT                                                           5.39 EUR, e.g. 139 CZK per 1 bottle 30ml

www.eduard.cz:
Gunze MR. Color Hxxx                           60 CZK per 1 bottle 10ml, e.g. 3x60=180 CZK for 30ml
Gunze MR. Color Cxxx                           70 CZK per 1 bottle 10ml, e.g. 3x70=210 CZK for 30ml

www.valka.cz
AKAN (4BO,...)                                    75 CZK per 1 bottle 15ml, e.g. 2x75=150 CZK for 30ml

www.modelshop.sk
Alclad II (Gunmetal, Alluminium?)                                                5,99 EUR per 1 bottle 30ml   
Gunze MR. Color Hxxx                  2.39 EUR per 1 bottle of 10ml, e.g. 3x2.39=7,17 EUR for 30ml
Revell enamel                             1.63 EUR per 1 bottle of 15ml, e.g. 2x1.63=3.26 EUR for 30ml

When looking on that, the price of MR.PAINT is not so bad.

Regards,
     66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »

Hi Misos,
I checked prices on the different Czech and Slovak internet shops and compared them with other vendors:

MR.PAINT                                                           5.39 EUR, e.g. 139 CZK per 1 bottle 30ml

www.eduard.cz:
Gunze MR. Color Hxxx                           60 CZK per 1 bottle 10ml, e.g. 3x60=180 CZK for 30ml
Gunze MR. Color Cxxx                           70 CZK per 1 bottle 10ml, e.g. 3x70=210 CZK for 30ml

www.valka.cz
AKAN (4BO,...)                                    75 CZK per 1 bottle 15ml, e.g. 2x75=150 CZK for 30ml

www.modelshop.sk
Alclad II (Gunmetal, Alluminium?)                                                5,99 EUR per 1 bottle 30ml   
Gunze MR. Color Hxxx                  2.39 EUR per 1 bottle of 10ml, e.g. 3x2.39=7,17 EUR for 30ml
Revell enamel                             1.63 EUR per 1 bottle of 15ml, e.g. 2x1.63=3.26 EUR for 30ml

When looking on that, the price of MR.PAINT is not so bad.
Interesting comparison.
Given the content, it's not out of the market, even considering that it's already thinned.
In general, I prefer paints with small bottles (to reduce cost, volume and disaster in case of accidental spilling) and not thinned (to allow brush use).
I am considering to buy some new Humbrol acrilic paints. I've tested the colors included in a kit of Revell, I suppose they are Humbrol acrilics, and I was pleased for their covering power and the good results with brush. If they are so good with the airbrush too, I will prefer them to all the other colors I use.
Never mind for the shades, I'll make my own ones by mixing colors directly in the can.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: