Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Question on Akan paints
Sovietwarplanes
April 23, 2024, 10:42:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on Akan paints  (Read 17956 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »

Thank you
Massimo
Seawinder

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »

I've just used the Akan acrylic lacquer AMT-7 to paint the bottom of one of my Yak-1 projects. I'm happy to report that it sprays just beautifully -- easily as well as any other paint I've ever used -- both for general application and post-shading.

Pip
learstang

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 01:33:42 AM »

That does look good (by the way, nice Yak-1, Pip!).  Is that AKAN A-14 in the wheel wells?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Seawinder

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 05:08:12 AM »

That does look good (by the way, nice Yak-1, Pip!).  Is that AKAN A-14 in the wheel wells?
Regards,
Jason

Hi Jason.
No, it's my own mix for A-14: 35237 Medium Gray and 16081 Navy Gloss Gray mixed 1-to-1 with a dollop of 36270 to lighten it. I was aiming at something like, but maybe a bit lighter than, 26187, given as a reference for A-14 both by the South Front instructions and the scalewiki.ru color chart. The Akan rendition has the same character but is, predictably, somewhat darker.

Pip
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »

Hi,
I found this partial summary of AKAN paints used for plane painting mainly during WWII era on scalemodels.ru. Even if these scans cannot be used as absolute chips of the particular color, they gives good idea about relative darkness, brightness and hue of those paints:

Note two red options for stars and marking.
Not too many green options. I miss there green A-24m and greyish blue A-28m, probably due to big similarity to their nitro relatives AMT-xx.
Also no 4BO here as not used as camo paint on planes, but similar to AMT-4 as seen at http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1555.msg12418#msg12418:

Hope it helps.

66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »

Hi Misos, thank you for the note. Although, I already know these chips and they helped for the  general table of  colors at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/colors/color-table.html
My request of some time ago was to see what colors they produce for tanks.
About A-24m, I guess you are right, bot for the light blue A-28m (matt), the Alboom Nakrasok shows a color similar to British Sky, while the corresponding A-28g (gloss) is of a more convincing blue shade. I guess that mr. Akanihin was in doubt for these discordant shades and preferred to renounce to add this color.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: