Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New 1/48 kits coming soon...hopefully
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 06:00:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New 1/48 kits coming soon...hopefully  (Read 10356 times)
Apex1701

« on: March 12, 2013, 12:41:39 AM »

Hi,

just found this on Hannant's.

Lagg-3 serie 4 from A model:
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMU48009

Two razorback Yak-1 from Modelsvit:
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MVIT4802
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MVIT4803

Jean
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:12:09 AM by Apex1701 » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:37:29 AM »

HI

IIRC the Modelsvit Yak-1B used some of sprues of Southfront Razorback yak-1, so these might just be reboxes of the SF kit?

I've not checked the links, as my kist are not easily to hand...

What i want to know is where is that Su-2 frorm Zvezda!

cheers
T

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 07:34:31 AM »

Another LaGG-3 in 1/48 after the ICM? Why don't they use their efforts to make something that is really needed?
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:37:45 AM »

I just had a look on the internet for the SF yak-1 for comparison. I think you are right Troy. I see a lot of similarities between these two kits. Although Modelsvit had made some improvements on their version.
I rate the Modelsvit Yak between ICM and new Zvezda kits  Smiley I think i wil buy the South front kit also. Just to make my Yak-1 family complete. And it wil look cool next to my Lavochkin family  Grin Cheesy

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
B_Realistic

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »

HI

IIRC the Modelsvit Yak-1B used some of sprues of Southfront Razorback yak-1, so these might just be reboxes of the SF kit?

I've not checked the links, as my kist are not easily to hand...

What i want to know is where is that Su-2 frorm Zvezda!

cheers
T

Yes we're waiting for the Su-2. Huh
Apex1701

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:29:01 AM »

Hi Massimo,

Another LaGG-3 in 1/48 after the ICM? Why don't they use their efforts to make something that is really needed?

I might be wrong but if my memory serves me well , ICM is a bit too small, maybe 1/50 while SF is too big.
As for being a copy of SF, I don't know but Yak-1b from Modelsvit was quite like Accurate miniatures with corrected dimensions.

We'll see.

Jean
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:35 AM »

So we hope that is better than it. But the ICM is so cheap that one can make a whole regiment of them, and the shape looks convincing anyway.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »

I think that the Yak-1 razorback will be a new one and not a mixup from other companies.
xan

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »

Does anyone see a new yak-9 ? please...
Xan

B_Realistic

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:34 PM »

Does anyone see a new yak-9 ? please...
Xan

Nope.
And maybe when one company starts usualy other follow. Cheesy
Troy Smith

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 09:08:34 PM »

Hi Massimo,

I might be wrong but if my memory serves me well , ICM is a bit too small, maybe 1/50 while SF is too big.
As for being a copy of SF, I don't know but Yak-1b from Modelsvit was quite like Accurate miniatures with corrected dimensions.

We'll see.

Jean

Interesting Jean.

Can you remember where you saw this, as this is new too me.

I'll have to check, as I think I have a SF LaGG3 as well as a ICM one....but not to hand.

As for a new Yak -9, yes...but which subtype? ....
Maybe Zvezda will do the right thing.

Regarding the Yak-1 from SF and Modelsvit, I read somewhere that the Modelsvit just added new sprues to the SF kit.   I may be wrong, and i do have both, again, not to hand.
More things to sit down and check if I ever remember.

Regarding the Modelsvit vs AM Yak-1 kits, I don't know there was problem with theAM kit dimension, but with some details, like the canopy and the square inner framework.

Jean, [and anyone else] the only real critique of various Yak kits is here

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/yak179/yaks-matvienko/yaks-matvienko.htm

It's useful, to a point, in as much as I'd describe the assessment of the various kits as bordering on hysteria, and not really dealing with what is of use and what needs correcting, or even how too, which is a pity as this would make this a real useful article.
I think many of the 'faults' are correctible with some modelling skills.

Also, it does not include the SF and Modelsvit kits.   The general opinion is that the Modelsvit was the best so far, though I have not seen a hardcore assement of the Zvezda Yak-3
[somewhere here there is a link to correcting the Eduard Yak-3 on Scalemodels.ru IIRC]

The breakdown of the Yak variants is really useful though.

I have meant to do something like this, as I have all the kits mentioned, but, I'm a lazy perfectionist... I know once I start it will eat up a big chunk of time.

I did do some kit comparisons, and the LTD Yak-9 compared very well to the Modelsvit kit from what I remember.

cheers
T
Apex1701

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »

Hi Troy,

Interesting Jean.

Can you remember where you saw this, as this is new too me.

I think I've read about this on this ScaleModels.ru forum:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_7674_start_0.html
at least for the ICM's Lagg.  Wink

Jean
Seawinder

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:50 PM »

I just compared my copy of the South Front Yak-1 (razorback) kit with pictures of the Modelsvit Yak-1 early version posted at Hobbyterra. The sprues are absolutely identical except 1) there's more flash on the Modelsvit moldings, and 2) the Modelsvit sprue containing the lower wing has 7 other smallish pieces not contained in the South Front sprue. No way of telling what most of them are, except one appears to be a second front cowling insert. Also, the Modelsvit kit has different decals.

Pip
4bogreen

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »

I just compared my copy of the South Front Yak-1 (razorback) kit with pictures of the Modelsvit Yak-1 early version posted at Hobbyterra. The sprues are absolutely identical except 1) there's more flash on the Modelsvit moldings, and 2) the Modelsvit sprue containing the lower wing has 7 other smallish pieces not contained in the South Front sprue. No way of telling what most of them are, except one appears to be a second front cowling insert. Also, the Modelsvit kit has different decals.

Pip

You have do something to distinguish yourself from others  Grin Like the Dutch say "beter goed gejat, dan slecht bedacht" (someting like "better to copy the wheel, then reinvent the wheel"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
B_Realistic

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »

Pip

You have do something to distinguish yourself from others  Grin Like the Dutch say "beter goed gejat, dan slecht bedacht" (someting like "better to copy the wheel, then reinvent the wheel"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)

Isn't that more for the Chinese to copy things? Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: