Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
La-7 3 cannon models, any GPW era photos?
Sovietwarplanes
April 25, 2024, 01:00:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: La-7 3 cannon models, any GPW era photos?  (Read 4068 times)
Troy Smith

« on: January 19, 2013, 02:00:45 AM »

Hi all

A quick search has not here turned up a thread on the 3 gun version of the La-7, but there is a reference
in this thread http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=818.0

to a page of profiles by EP of 3 gun nose versions here
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Markings/La7-3gun/index.php

with tantalising references to photos in different Russian archives.    
"White 53" is shown in a poor photograph within the TsAMO collection,

La-7 "White 11" was active with the Pacific Fleet forces during the Manchurian Campaign of 1945. The aircraft served with the 17 IAP, and was shown in three pictures within the collection of the Vladivostock Victory Museum. Item 192-3a showed a close-up of the aircraft's pilot, but alas his name is not known, and there was no caption available for this view.

One of the first photographs one might see upon entering the main hall at the Park Pobedi exhibit from the GMA collection was this photograph of "White 22" on the left wall (forth from top). The picture was lovingly kept in a brass 'naval motif' type frame, which apparently was stolen (!) during 1990. Hero of the Soviet Union Sharov was a deputy to regimental commander Golubev, and by 1945 had assumed many administrative duties. He completed the War with 14+3 confirmed victories and was killed in a tragic crash in 1952.

La-7 "White 70" was photographed in service with the hard worked 2 GIAP during the vicious fighting around Berlin during the spring of 1945. This photograph was present [when I saw it, anyway] in the small reception office at the GMA, just next to the desk with the Guestbook. The museum staff stated that the pictures in this office were occasionally displayed in the main hall; probably rotating with other pictures (there were many; I suspect they all would not fit one the wall at once). The photo was mounted in a thick frame which had written on the back in pencil, "2 GIAP -- Berlin  IV-45", and a code "013".

The big question, has anyone else seen any of these? Is there any way to contact the institutions for copies of these pictures?

One point I've only just remembed to post, a chap I corresponded with on Britmodeller knew Erik when he was in the Bristol area, and he said he was shown some photos he could not publish.

Or, have any other GPW era 3 gun La-7 photos been published since?

Having the Gavia 3 gun kit in the stash I'd like to find a documented scheme, as I'm sure other members would as well.

thanks
T
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:02:37 AM by Troy Smith » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »

If there are any authenticated schemes for a GPW 3-cannon La-7, I'd love to see them also - it would be a good excuse to buy the Eduard kit (although apparently the Eduard kit doesn't have decals for any 3-cannon examples?).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »

Hi,

may be there is one - see my post http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1502.msg10985#msg10985.

Regards,
     66misos

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: