Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Greetings everybody,
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings everybody,  (Read 7927 times)
asekular

« on: March 13, 2013, 11:06:38 AM »

I just signed in for the first time here, so  wanted to say hello. I hope I can get some and give some on this forum.

I am a keen aviation modeler and also not new to VVS. My taste is somewhat eclectic but I generally like Russian and Soviet machines from? golden-age? prototypes to ekranoplans, coaxial rotor-heads and jets.

What really excites me is discovering something I didn?t know yesterday and finding fascinating and involving subjects for my modeling. What doesn?t excite me is arguing about dried up paint.

So, good luck everybody and hope to see you all merry in the posts to come.

Cheers,
Aleks

If I just do what everybody else did, I'd be contributing to the sameness of everythin -C. Beefheart
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:20:28 AM »

Welcome here Aleks. I hope to see photos of your recent models.
Regards
Massimo
jonbius

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:41:49 PM »

Hi Aleks! I'm new here myself! Smiley

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
learstang

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:02:57 PM »

Welcome, Aleks!  If you have any questions about Shturmoviks, I'm reasonably knowledgeable about them, so ask away.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
asekular

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:16 PM »

Thank you all for the welcome,

Massimo, my latest finished models aren't VVS related, however I'm currently busy with an An-26 (pun achieved yet not planned), so I will gladly prepare some in-progress shots.

I will also have some questions in the research section, as soon as I get my ducks in a row.

Cheers,
Aleks

If I just do what everybody else did, I'd be contributing to the sameness of everythin -C. Beefheart
B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:06 PM »

Welcome.
Some progress pics from the An-26 are welcome.
4bogreen

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »

Hey Aleks  Smiley

Welcome here! I have als great intrest for Soviet jets. I really love the MiG-25/31 and the Yak-38. Mostly i have WWII era stuff
(also big love for Lavochkins Grin)

Happy modelling over here Aleks  Cheesy

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

It's good to see you here, Aleksandar! I really liked your 1/32 I-16, although that's going back a few years. Still, it makes a good reference for anyone building an I-16, regardless of scale:
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Modeling/Polikarpov/I-16/Type5/Azur/FullBuild/Sekularac/index.php
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Modeling/Polikarpov/I-16/Type5/Azur/Workbench/Sekularac/index.php

John
learstang

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »

Wow!  That Ishak was yours, Aleks?  Brilliant job!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:13:27 PM »

Now I know who you are.  Cheesy
We've met several years ago at the Nationals in the Netherlands several years ago.
Great to have you here. Shocked
asekular

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »

Bummer? my cover is blown. Now I need to hide in the mountains again!  Wink

Seriously, thanks for the warm welcome guys.

In the last couple of years the hobby slowed down; I don?t want to say stopped, but I definitely lost the focus on VVS; did other things, played with my daughters, wrote a bit for magazines and finally built a house. The real house, not the paper one? So, from my newly designed and constructed skunk works I decided to come out and test the air?

And yes Polikarpovs are my weakness. I am thinking again about one hybrid Hobbycraft/Eduard/Airwaves Type-29 attached to a starter truck? we?ll see? Now I need to first finish my Antonov?.

Maybe we'll see us again this year in Utrecht, B_Realistic. That gig has a great atmosphere, very friendly and easygoing - one of my favorites overall. I missed it for couple of years and I have an itch.

Cheers,
Aleks

B_Realistic

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »

You've entered the TB-3 in the contest and you were surprised that I recognized you. Cheesy
Please come over to our modeling contest from KMK in Belgium this year.
As I may say it's one of the best there is in Belgium. Cheesy
Thanks for the advertisement Massimo. Cheesy
asekular

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »

Please come over to our modeling contest from KMK in Belgium this year.

Ah, the blue shirt, right? Strong figure and armor modeling in Belgium, if I remember. Great beer as well! Can you please send me link to the KMK event,? I was once already in Lier I belive this event was organized by KMK, no?

What's your name B_Realistic? I feel funny caling you that, especiall if we've met alredy.

Cheers,
Aleks

asekular

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »

Scrap that B, I found it: Scale World on 8th of September, right?

I may be on summer vacation then, but nothing is firm yet, so let?s see. If I can I will gladly come.

Aleks

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 03:14:56 PM »

Bummer? my cover is blown. Now I need to hide in the mountains again!  Wink

Be grateful I didn't post the link to your Scalemodels.ru interview with Michael Neradkov, then...  Wink

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: