Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
LaGG-3 with NS-37 Cannon
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 10:24:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LaGG-3 with NS-37 Cannon  (Read 4252 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: January 10, 2007, 10:18:22 PM »

Massimo - Now that the AML decal sheet "Red Devils in LaGG-3s" has been released, I'd really like to build the Chkalov-inscription "White 04" version that's also detailed in your LaGG-3 pages on this site. I'm curious about the shape of the radiator intake on this aircraft - it seems to be the only one illustrated here which does not have the larger intake. The photo which is included on the "White 04" page looks like it *might* have the enlarged scoop (it's very hard to see clearly). Are there other photos of this aircraft which show the smaller intake, or can I take my own guess on this subject? I'm not such a great modelbuilder that it really matters, but I did just finish enlarging this intake on a Dakoplast LaGG-3 which I intended to build as a "series 35". But since I really like the "Chkalov Squadron" planes, both La-5s and LaGG-3s, now I've changed my mind!  Cheesy

Thanks for any help you can offer!

John Thompson
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »

Hi John, Smiley
all that I have on that plane is shown on that scan. I agree that the air intake is unclear. I guess that it's small, but I can't prove this. If you think that it could be large, there is no problem.
Who knows why the decals sheet hasn't chosen white 14? It looks more interesting, with white flashes on the tail tip and spinner.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 05:19:01 PM »

Thanks, Massimo! And I agree about "White 14" - I also thought that this aircraft would have been a better choice. But it would be *great* if AML or another decal maker would release a decal sheet dedicated to the La-5 and LaGG-3 aircraft of the so-called Chkalov Squadron! (Then we would need new La-5 series kits to go with the decals, though!  Wink )

John
Jet

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »

AeroMaster makes one set but it's not exactly what you're looking for:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: