Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Good source for VVS WWII seatbelts?
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:03:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good source for VVS WWII seatbelts?  (Read 3427 times)
jonbius

« on: March 14, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »

As I've typically built US and British WWII fighters, I have plenty of photoetch seat belts for use in my inventory of parts. Now that I am branching into WWII Soviet subjects, I was wondering about the seatbelts used in various Russian fighters. Looking at some photoetch seats, I see some that resembled the British Sutton harness, while others resemble the US-style belts. And in searching for a fret of VVS photoetch belts, I've not had much luck with US suppliers.

What was the typical pattern for belts?

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »

And in searching for a fret of VVS photoetch belts, I've not had much luck with US suppliers.

Extratech makes photoetched VVS seatbelts as well as buckles as a separate item if you want to make the belts yourself, in 1/72 and 1/48 scales. Here's the 1/48 version of the full belts:
http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=238269-Extratech-Photoetch-Soviet-WW2-seat-belts-Scale-1/48-48102

John
jonbius

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »

Thanks John! I'll see if I can find some here in the US.

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: