Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Anyone built the 1/48 Xuntong Tu-2VS?
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 07:46:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone built the 1/48 Xuntong Tu-2VS?  (Read 9900 times)
jonbius

« on: March 26, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »

I picked up Xuntong's Tu-2VS. I thought it looked like a pretty cool airplane, and decided I'd build it.

Has anyone built this kit? Any thoughts on its construction, painting, etc.?

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »

Hi Jon,
something on its building is here
http://doogsmodels.com/2012/08/15/review-148-xuntong-tupolev-tu-2t-torpedo-bomber/
but only a dry building.
http://fighters.forumactif.com/t55032-tu-2-t-xuntong-model-1-48
in French but with good illustrations

Something is here too
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/tu-2/tu-2.htm
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 08:54:55 PM »

I've got the Tu-2T version and when my Mi-24 is finished I'm ready to give it a go. Cheesy
It will be an all weathered Bulgarian one.
It will be OOTB.
But I think you will beat me to it by building yours at lightspeed and mine at a slow pace. Roll Eyes
4bogreen

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:21:03 PM »

Hi John!  Smiley

It seems that you picked a very interesting subject here! I am also waiting for it to arrive in my LSH.

This Tu-2VS is the divebomber variant. Note the airbreakes and rockets  Cool. The Tu-2v is the bomber (most common) variant. The Tu-2t is the torpedo variant, but has limited use in the GPW. This variant appeared around March/ April 1945, but with a bit ''tweeking and tuning'' it can be a Tu-2v variant.

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
jonbius

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »

Hi Jon,
something on its building is here
http://doogsmodels.com/2012/08/15/review-148-xuntong-tupolev-tu-2t-torpedo-bomber/
but only a dry building.
http://fighters.forumactif.com/t55032-tu-2-t-xuntong-model-1-48
in French but with good illustrations

Something is here too
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/tu-2/tu-2.htm
Regards
Massimo

Thanks for that information, Massimo! Those are helpful!

I've got the Tu-2T version and when my Mi-24 is finished I'm ready to give it a go. Cheesy
It will be an all weathered Bulgarian one.
It will be OOTB.
But I think you will beat me to it by building yours at lightspeed and mine at a slow pace. Roll Eyes

It's a race then! LOL Wink

Hi John!  Smiley

It seems that you picked a very interesting subject here! I am also waiting for it to arrive in my LSH.

This Tu-2VS is the divebomber variant. Note the airbreakes and rockets  Cool. The Tu-2v is the bomber (most common) variant. The Tu-2t is the torpedo variant, but has limited use in the GPW. This variant appeared around March/ April 1945, but with a bit ''tweeking and tuning'' it can be a Tu-2v variant.

Regards,

Remco

Thanks for the explanation of the variants. I'd seen that the "T" was a torpedo variant, but I wasn't sure about the "S" and the "VS". I definitely want to do the "VS", as I think the rockets look pretty cool.

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:13:52 PM »

Can I have a head start? Cheesy
jonbius

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 01:30:07 PM »

Can I have a head start? Cheesy

Better start quick! Smiley

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Troy Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 10:40:37 PM »

Thanks for the explanation of the variants. I'd seen that the "T" was a torpedo variant, but I wasn't sure about the "S" and the "VS". I definitely want to do the "VS", as I think the rockets look pretty cool.

HI Jon

if it's not too much bother it would be handy to put up sprue shots and markings/decal options here, as I have not seen these.

I know they are probably available on HLJ or the like, but it's always handy having this kind of info here too, and makes for more coherent thread with added useful comments by 'the fans' here.

I'm presuming the 'VS' kit is like the 'T' kit but with an added weapons sprue? 

[AFAIK all the kits have the torpedoes, which are the same type as used by VVS Bostons, which is useful Wink ]

I've just seen a few of these turn up on ebay UK finally, well, the 'S' version.   

cheers
T

TISO

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »

From what i gather VS kit has a few different sprues in comparoson to Tu-2T i.e. wing inserts where dive breaks&divebreaks are on VS are different (haven't seen that one on sprues of T), probably another fuselage - becouse of cockpit framing....
T-2VS were an early production version from Zavod No.166 (Omsk) that were sent to the front in autumn 1942 (Kalinin front 132.BAP and 12.BAP). From what i uderstand those planes were rather long lived as they are on TOE even during Battle of Kursk 1.VA (Western Front), 2.BAK, 285.BAD of col Sandalov V.A. which was equiped with Pe-2 also had 18 Tu-2 operational
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:40:25 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
jonbius

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »

if it's not too much bother it would be handy to put up sprue shots and markings/decal options here, as I have not seen these.

Here you are- photos! Smiley

Looking at the parts, it appears that much of what they've provided is the same for each variant. The instructions for the VS require the modeler to cut some minor portions off on the forward part of the fuselage for the clear parts to fit. I also notice that the kit has inserts for both the dive brakes and without the dive brakes. Torpedoes are also included. I'm guessing that their may be some variation in armaments, as the S version appears to have more bombs, but from what I'm able to see, it may be possible to build any variant out of the box, or at least reasonably close.

Two sets of this sprue are included with the kit. I only photographed one because they were identical:

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
learstang

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »

Thank you for posting the pictures, Jon!  I've seen the kit in person and it looks like a very nice kit.  The only thing that stands out as being incorrect is the too round profile of the upper nose, but that should be easily enough fixed.  I don't normally buy 1/48th scale kits (I became too much of a collector, and not a builder), but I might have to make an exception in this case.  It would look nice next to my Tamiya Shturmovik, whenever I get around to building that.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Troy Smith

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »

HI Jon

Looks like the VS kit comes with dive brakes and rockets, and is the only boxing to do so.

Cybermodeller reviewed the Tu-2S variant, here http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/xun/kit_xun_48002.shtml

Which has some neat decal options.

Has anyone tried out the Xuntong decals?

cheers
T
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: