Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Two more fighters
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 06:03:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two more fighters  (Read 4827 times)
jonbius

« on: April 08, 2013, 02:08:13 AM »

This is ICM's 1/48 Yak-7V. It's not a bad kit, but it takes some work, filler, sanding and patience. The paints are Akan acrylic paints. First time using them. They're working pretty good so far, though I realized on this one that they'll need a primer coat, as they seem a little fragile on bare plastic. I'll start weathering this one next.

This is Zvezda's 1/48 La-5. it is a very detailed kit- full interior detailing, full engine, etc. Of course, most of it is hidden. The engineering is a bit odd, but it goes together pretty well, though the cowl parts take some work. I've put a primer coat on this one. It will have the same colors as the Yak-7V.

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Seawinder

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 06:11:40 AM »

Hi Jon.
Thanks for posting the pics. Which Akan shade is the green on the Yak-7? If it's AMT-4, it looks a lot lighter than the bottle I've got. Did you lighten it? I posted a paint comparison to the Colors, Schemes & Research forum with chips of the acrylic lacquer and aqueous acrylic AMT-4s in my stash. See what you think.

Pip
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:15:17 AM by Seawinder » Logged
jonbius

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:42:45 AM »

Hey Pip,

It's AMT-4/6/7, all right out of the bottle with no thinning, colors added, etc. Keep in mind my photos and lighting may not be up to par.

It is different than the color chip you had in your post, but then again color reproduction in photography and then on the computer can effect things so drastically, it's hard to say where the difference is. For instance, I used Google's Picasa software to process these photos. It has different pre-sets for "fixing" color, etc. One pre-set is titled "I'm feeling lucky" which is just sort of an all in one fix. When i tried that on this photo, the green actually turned a distinct yellow color... so that was not good at all. The color I see of the final photo on my screen is pretty close to what I see here on the real model. But of course every monitor is calibrated a bit differently. so you may see something slightly different.

That's why at the end of the day, I strive for "TLAR"! Smiley (that looks about right...) Wink

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
4bogreen

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »

Hey John,

You are going fast! I have orderd akan paint also. I hope to have it on friday this week.
You go John! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Love to see your builds! Nice to see somebody without AMS (advanced modeler syndrome).

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
jonbius

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 02:03:39 PM »

Thanks Remco!

You are right- no AMS here! Cheesy

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »

I think that John is in overdrive.
He enters not one but two. Shocked
jonbius

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:29:18 PM »

I think that John is in overdrive.
He enters not one but two. Shocked

Wink

And I didn't post photos of the TBF and G.55 I'm also building. LOL

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Apex1701

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 10:45:57 PM »

And I didn't post photos of the TBF and G.55 I'm also building.

Wow...soviet Avengers and G.55 !!!!
I'm looking forward to see this....
 Grin

Jean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: