Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Akan Greens
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 05:11:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Akan Greens  (Read 22748 times)
bbrought

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 12:13:43 AM »

I also used the AKAN AIIz, in my case the enamel version. My photography is not in natural light, and I do think it looks a bit different in reality, but this is what I get prior to any clear coats, etc:

And the final model. I used a gloss prior to the decals, and I think the satin that I used to restore the original sheen should have been more matt. The flash does make it look shinier than it really is though. Also, in the picture below, it definitely looks darker than it does in natural light. I'll try to photograph it outside sometime for a more accurate representation:

It does look dark in reality (not so dark as in the pictures), but I actually like it. Of course, if you believe EP's interpretation of this colour, you would consider it completely wrong, but the few German colour photographs of this colour do appear pretty dark, as well as on many black-and-white photographs.

BA Broughton
learstang

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 12:25:20 AM »

Nice Ishak, BA!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
bbrought

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 12:50:29 AM »

Thanks, it is the Eduard Weekend kit, and except for some homemade seatbelts and a bit of detailing around the engine, it was pretty much built out of the box. Easy kit to build and quite satisfying result. I might build one of the Profipack versions in future - I really enjoyed it.

Although I did do some basic research, I didn't put in a huge amount of effort in getting it 100% accurate in all respects, so please excuse any shortcomings or inaccuracies. It was more of a cheap and quick way to try out the AIIz and AIIg on an actual model, and as I said I like how they look.

Here is a picture of the AIIg (enamel) before any clear coat. I did shade it a bit with a slightly lightened version of AIIg (about +20% white), so the darker areas are more representative of what you get out of the bottle. I think the AIIg is pretty much what one would expect:

And another angle, again with the flash making it look too shiny and perhaps a bit too dark also:

Bennie

BA Broughton
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 05:54:47 AM »

Hi,
Both builds are very nice. I like that dark appearance of Allz, for me very convincing.
Regards,
   66misos

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: