Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
What colour is the radio equipment in the Su-2?
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 12:52:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What colour is the radio equipment in the Su-2?  (Read 1974 times)
TimSouthern

« on: August 30, 2021, 02:43:27 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I'm cracking along with my build and enjoying the Microdesign PE sets. My big question today is; What colour is the radio equipment in the Su-2 it's not black as the pictures I have , even though black and white shows the nobs and switches to be black and wires as well. The ICM kit states the colour for the interior to be Model Master 1728 light gull Grey. I thought light gull Grey would show up lighter in Black and white pictures.

Cheers,
Tim
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 06:45:45 AM »

Hi Tim,
it should be a medium grey, A-14 or something similar.
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/colors/internal-colors-primers/internal-colors-primers.html
Regards
Massimo
Psy06

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I'm cracking along with my build and enjoying the Microdesign PE sets. My big question today is; What colour is the radio equipment in the Su-2 it's not black as the pictures I have , even though black and white shows the nobs and switches to be black and wires as well. The ICM kit states the colour for the interior to be Model Master 1728 light gull Grey. I thought light gull Grey would show up lighter in Black and white pictures.
Cheers, Tim

You asked a very tricky question. So Massimo is right, the advice to paint everything in interior gray works in 99% of cases...  if you paint a spherical horse in a vacuum... but, in real life everything was much more interesting. There is still no research on this topic. However, it is known that the color of radio sets was very, very different. There is no relationship between equipment color and aircraft type. The set supplied from the factory was usually painted in one color, but since the equipment was often repaired and replaced, the blocks could have different colors. You can also say with confidence that even the shades seem to be of the same color markedly different, at least this is the case on the equipment that has survived to this day. Here are just a few examples:

Also, the equipment was painted in plain black and blue(sky), but I did not find samples at my place, although I had them before.

If the Russian language is not scary, then here is the site of the Moscow radio museum, there are many photos of live equipment
http://www.rkk-museum.ru/index.htm
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:36:49 AM by Psy06 » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 05:02:44 PM »

A spherical horse in the vacuum... interesting image.
Nice set of radios. Even a colorful rainbow.
At the end, one could guess that making it with a shade of grey different by those of the aircraft could be a good choice to make it more visible.
Psy06

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 06:32:23 PM »

A spherical horse in the vacuum... interesting image.

This is a popular joke from the theoretical physics, the meaning of which is that the excessive simplification of the introductory leads to the loss of the meaning of the result.

http://lurkmore.to/%D0%A1%D1%84%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%8C_%D0%B2_%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%B5
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 06:37:19 PM by Psy06 » Logged
TimSouthern

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 03:04:37 AM »

Firstly my deepest thanks and appreciation,

You all deserve kudos for your responses. It makes building enjoyable knowing that help is just at a click.

Thanks Mass! I went a lil darker with Vallejo 70.990 light Grey and it looks close to what you gave as reference. I will go a lil lighter in dry bushing just to make things pop.

Splasibi!
Tim

TimSouthern

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 03:08:29 AM »

You asked a very tricky question. So Massimo is right, the advice to paint everything in interior gray works in 99% of cases...  if you paint a spherical horse in a vacuum... but, in real life everything was much more interesting. There is still no research on this topic. However, it is known that the color of radio sets was very, very different. There is no relationship between equipment color and aircraft type. The set supplied from the factory was usually painted in one color, but since the equipment was often repaired and replaced, the blocks could have different colors. You can also say with confidence that even the shades seem to be of the same color markedly different, at least this is the case on the equipment that has survived to this day. Here are just a few examples:

Also, the equipment was painted in plain black and blue(sky), but I did not find samples at my place, although I had them before.

If the Russian language is not scary, then here is the site of the Moscow radio museum, there are many photos of live equipment
http://www.rkk-museum.ru/index.htm
[/quote]

Wow! Ok I missed that museum in Moscow when I was there, if I get back I am going .

Also thank you for the pictures and advice.

Splasibi,
Tim
TimSouthern

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 03:11:17 AM »

Hey Folks,

If you want to follow the build I post on Instagram under

@plastimic

Splasibi,
Tim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: