Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
South Front Yak-1 Completed
Sovietwarplanes
April 27, 2024, 10:38:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: South Front Yak-1 Completed  (Read 10116 times)
Seawinder

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »

You're welcome, Pip!  And thank you for the answer on your A-14!  It occurs to me that I may have asked this question before; at any rate, I won't ask you again!  In case you're interested, I just use Testors Model Master Neutral Gray for my A-14 - it may be a bit light, but it looks about right to me.  I'm always leery of mixing colours - I suppose I'm a bit of a lazy modeller, and I know that if I have to remix the colours for repairs or touchups later, and my original mix has dried up, I'll never get the same colour.
Regards,
Jason

Yes, I think we have had this conversation. I think 36270 is in the ballpark, but I was after the bluish tinge, which is why I used the Medium Gray 35237 as a starting point. I understand your qualms about mixing colors, but I rather enjoy it myself. I always make a good bit more than needed for a project and make sure it stays liquid until the model is done. I figure I've got enough of my A-14 mix for one or two more models, and since it's an interior color, I'm not too worried about exact matches if I have to replenish it later. I'd certainly feel differently about a major camouflage color.

Incidentally, based on my happy experiences with the Akan acrylic lacquers, I ordered the late WWII colors set (AMT-7/11/12 etc.) from Linden Hill today. I inquired of Guy if there was any chance these paints would be issued individually, and he replied that at least some of them will be available in the next few months. Good news, because I really don't want to have to pay $26 plus postage to replenish one color!

Cheers,
Pip
Seawinder

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »

Well, in process of painting my other Yak-1 project, I realize I have the left side camouflage pattern wrong below the cockpit. Was everybody just too polite to point it out, or did the error escape notice? I THINK I can correct it without overspraying the canopy or the fuselage star. What do you all think?

Cheers,
Pip
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: