Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
My T-34 tanks...
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 03:17:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My T-34 tanks...  (Read 9592 times)
4bogreen

« on: April 22, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

Hi Massimo,

Here are my tanks... I have not finished any aircraft yet. My MiG-3 is the first of (i hope) many. I made an attempt to make this MiG-3 in 2008 but i was not satisfied with the result and it went in the garbage bin. Then i fully focused on armor modeling. Now i want to build some aircraft to have some difference in my models. And i love aircraft ofcourse. 

T-34/76 in 1944 June, city of Vyborg. I still have to paint the figures to go with it.

T-34/85 with D5T gun, first production run. Dimitri Donskoy brigade, March 1944

For discussion purposes only.

Regards,

Remco 

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »

Hi Remco,
good models indeed. Thank you for having posted the photos of your beautiful models.
I see that the T34/76 mod.1942 has lost two bearing wheels. Did you use photoetched vegetation for it? I see that the spare tracks and the saw are well rusty, but the tracks seem more clean. Maybe they have been replaced recently, but I think that they could look better if more rusty.
I suppose that it's from the kit of Dragon. I don't have it, I've still some old Tamiya waiting in my attic. Did you compare the kits?
The T-34/85 with D5T is a tank that I find particularly interesting, I made some conversion pieces for the Tamiya a lot of years ago, but never utilized them.
I like very much your rendition of the white winter painting.
My compliments for these good models. I'll post some photos of mine as soon as possible.
Regards
Massimo
Seawinder

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »

Really nice models, Remco. Thanks for posting the pictures. As a mostly aircraft guy, I always admire the weathering effects that armor builders are able to achieve.

Cheers,
Pip
4bogreen

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »

Hey guys  Cheesy

The missing wheels are (probably) lost by mines of enemy fire. The spare tracks are more rusted because they are just lien there. The tracks are lesser rusted of the movement throe rough treeing. Also the rust is "sanded" of by sand and driving over the street. The mud inside the waffle pa tern is knocked out by vibrations on the street. The vegetation is indeed PE. The kit used is the Dragon kit called a factory 112 late model. I have almost all Dragon/Cyberhobby variant of this tank. The tamiya T-34 are inferior compared to the Dragon kits. The angles of the hull are not good. This is mainly because the Tamiya's were actually RC kits. To make room for batteries, they alert the hull plating.

The T-34/85 was a complete makeover. The only Dragon thing about it, is the hull. The turret is from Trackz and even the wheels, tracks, rear plate come from other kits  Cheesy. The D5T story is very intresting. The D5T was actually a naval gun. Factory 112 made a new turret around this gun, but the gun was to heavy. Factory 183 was in the main time developing a new gun and turret. The factory 112 model was ready to produce in late 1943 and the factory 183 wasn't ready. So they produced a couple of 112 models as a interim model till the 183 factory model was ready to produce...

I am a socalled "multimodeler". I like tanks, aircraft and ships. I have all three to model Grin. I have a high standard and push myself to the limits. If i can't do it, i learn/ develop how to do it. The drawback is, that i produce few models, and spend more time into the technical aspect.

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 08:45:03 AM »

Hi Remco, does the Dragon kit have separed links tracks? Why was necessary to change the ones of the tank with the D-5T gun?
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »

The tanks are well done.
I can't achieve that.
Use the techniques on your Mig-3. Cheesy
4bogreen

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »

I think someting went wrong with the spell check on my former response.... Me and computers Roll Eyes

Massimo,
The Dragon kit has individual track links. I use moistly Fruilmodel tracks. These are made from white metal and i had to drill out all the tracks to link them with wire. Yes, all 174 track links drilled out...twice... Shocked

The D5T gun was to heavy and the new canon was 200 kilo (400 ponds for our American friends Grin) lighter than the D5T. Actually the whole T-34 turret designed by the 112 factory was cancelled. The 183 factory turret was larger and had had better placement for the crew.

Michel,
I am cracking my head how i weather my MiG-3. Planes are better maintained than tanks, so we have to be careful not to go "tank" on my plane. I momentarily study close up photo's to understand wear and tear on soviet planes. Its funny, because is a myth that people believe that soviet planes were poorly maintained...
Some ideas has come up... Cheesy

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »

Hi Remco,
Friulmodel had its laboratory at 2 km from my home for some years.
Drill all the links twice? I heard of this... is the wire too thick?
I've utilized link-by-link tracks only once, for the ASU-85 of Dragon. They were not working tracks, it wasn't too easy to manage them. Not a pleasant work at all. However, I am for cheap models and utilized them anyway, and I'm satisfied with the result.
About the turret with D-5T: is its size different than the usual 85 mm turret? By much? I've noticed the different gun shield and the different position of the cupola, but I didn't know that it was smaller.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »

Hi Massimo Cheesy

The D5T turret is shorter, not much, a bit. The commander cupola is moved to the rear and side... By Fruilmodel i use bigger wire. The tracklink holes are not always open. Sometimes they are closed Undecided

The Dragon ASU-85 is a ok kit. The only thing i have on this kit, is that its an M version ( modified comand er cupola and a bulge on the side to make more room for the commander) I have a Tamiya ASU- 120, and because the angles of the hullplating is wrong, i want to kitbash the frontplate and gun into the Dragon ASU-85 kit  Grin

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »

Hi Remco,
I suppose you mean SU-122, similar to SU-85. Isn't there a kit of Dragon for it?
My ASU-85 is the air transportable light assault gun for paratroop units.
http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/cold-war-warrior-the-asu-85-in-1-35/8691/
I'll have a look to photos of T-34s to see if the defect on the Tamiya kits is noticeable by eye. Unfortunatel,  it's difficult to sell old models for a decent price today.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »

O, eh.... O you re right.... I think i was thinking about the SU-85 and SU-122 yes  Shocked Huh Grin sorry...

Well, to give you an impression.... My sister in law bought the SU-122 from Tamiya for me for 0.50?.... Grin i was a happy guy  Cheesy What a price  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy You can always use the for spare parts  Wink

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 09:38:57 PM »

Hi Remco,
0.50 ?? Shocked It's impossible to refuse such an offer!
I've also a kit of AFV with trasparent armour and internal details. I am still thinking what to do with this one. I am not sure that a trasparent armour is a good way to show the inside. Maybe I could leave the tank openable.
Regards
Massimo
4bogreen

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 11:59:41 PM »

The AFV kit is a very important kit! Price technically its a bullseye! A Dragon kit costs 50? while a AFV kit costs 35?... And the Dragon has no interior, although the exterior is a bit better. Verlinden makes a fighting compartment and a engine compartment, both for 35?... So if you want the same as the AFV, you spent 120?... I have all 3 transparent models to build. Also bought one for the interior to use on my T-34 wreck. Its not easy to kitbash these 2 kits in eachother. A Dragon upper hull, turret, a AFV lower hull, wheels and interior.

Don't worry about the transparent hull. You can still paint it and leave the upper hull loosely on it  Wink.

On the bench,
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »

Hi Remco,
I'll make a comparison between Tamiya and AFV kits to decide if I can live with the Tamiya wrong hull or not. I've a lot of them, 5 or 6 kits including the SU, and I'm not enthusiast of the idea to sell them for cheap and buy one, perhaps two models with that money.
Regards
Massimo
Troy Smith

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »

O, eh.... O you re right.... I think i was thinking about the SU-85 and SU-122 yes  Shocked Huh Grin sorry...

There is also the Su-100, which is similar to the Su-85, but has some small but significant differences...Sad
[I recently got a Gasoline Su-85 conversion, in 1/48th, no Su-100 tho.  ]

I've got to ask, what do you use for your 4BO green?

Massimo, are you aware that the Hobby Boss 1/48th T-34 family of kits all come with full interiors?
[Being scaled down from the trumpeter 1/16th T-34!] 

They are also quite cheap. Around 10GBP in the UK. I have a few stashed....

At least in 1/48th the scales 'match'!

cheers
T
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: