Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 Cockpit Colors
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 02:39:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 Cockpit Colors  (Read 5957 times)
Seawinder

« on: March 05, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »

I've read all of the posts to the earlier thread on interior colors for Pe-2, Il-2, MiG-3, etc. The one comment (I think) specific to the MiG-3 was the following from Massimo:

"I am always embarrassed to the question of the internal colors of MiG-3.
"I remember that a green seat was identified, the side panels found in Finland were light blue, probably the tube struts were green as the radio boxes, the instrument panel could be black or nearly white (perhaps the background color after removing a thin black plate), but some photos show internal details as dark, and an interviewed technician speaks of an overall black finish called Kuzbass lak, or of overall turquoise or of a skin color."

This flies in the face of the many rather didactic statements that A-14 was virtually the only cockpit color used at the time. May I dare to ask what is the current thinking on cockpit color(s) for the MiG-3?

TIA
Pip Moss
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »

Here's a link to a photo file of images of the cockpit area of a preserved MiG-3 wreck; some careful study of the remains may be helpful in determining something more detailed beyond simply applying A-14 to the whole thing:
http://photo.qip.ru/users/pakuro/3849165/

John
Seawinder

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:23:10 PM »

Here's a link to a photo file of images of the cockpit area of a preserved MiG-3 wreck; some careful study of the remains may be helpful in determining something more detailed beyond simply applying A-14 to the whole thing:
http://photo.qip.ru/users/pakuro/3849165/
John

Thanks, John. I've looked at the pictures, but I'm afraid I'm not able to make much of them. I've also looked through the pictures of restored/replicated a/c at Massimo's MiG-3 section. The Aviarestoration rebuild seems to have the tubular framework and some equipment in gray (A-14?) and the interior skin surface in some sort of blue-gray. I'm afraid it's impossible to get an accurate idea of the latter color from the photographs, excellent though they are, because it appears really different in different shots, varying from a medium blue-green to a light powder blue (seemingly similar to the to exterior under surface color). In any case, the interior skin seems to be done in something other than A-14.

Pip
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: