Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Chinese Air Force 1/72 ICM I-15 Bis
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese Air Force 1/72 ICM I-15 Bis  (Read 33071 times)
learstang

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »

Nice work on the rigging, TF!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 10:35:58 AM »

Hi TF,
here I am back from holidays.
Very hard work indeed. A burning piece of incense... seems it has worked well.
Regards
Massimo
TapedFingers

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »

Thank you Jason and Massimo. I am calling it finished for now.

I made the hinges from transparent tape I pre-painted. I find the self-stick property helpful.

I made the number on the tail with the only white numbers I found in my spare decal collection, a nearly forty-year-old ESCI decal for the FW-200. I coated the decal with Microscale Superfilm before attempting to cut them out. I made the "P" from a "1" and the top part of a "2." This was on one side. On the other side, I made the less successful looking one from a "1" and the top part of a "9." Try to spot which side. Afterwards, I saw one source that says the number should be "P-1763," and I have no reason to doubt this, interpreting from the blurred images I have.

Than you all for your help and comments. This is my first finished airplane in 25 years and my first rigged biplane. I will take a breather and build a two -foot-long modern submarine that has a few parts--big ones--and will paint it with spray cans.  Smiley
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:39 AM »

Very nice work, all your efforts have led to an excellent model. It has much more details than the kit out of the box.
What is your next project? Another Soviet plane?
Regards
Massimo
TapedFingers

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »

Thank you Massimo. I might build a Mig-25 or an I-16 after I recover with a submarine. I would like to make a correction: the reference says the tail number should be "P-7163." TF
learstang

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »

Excellent job, TF!  Hard to believe this is your first attempt at rigging.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »

Hi TapedFingers, a submarine... what kind of?
Regards
Massimo
TapedFingers

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 02:22:03 AM »

Thank you Jason and Massimo. A friend gave me a Trumpeter 1/144 scale "Kilo" class submarine, the same type where there was a fatal explosion recently in India. I may build that one to remember the victims. Then it's back to aircraft. I also have an Airfix Wallace & Gromit kit that looks fun. Something that does not involve tweezers is what I need now. TF
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »

A Kilo in 1/144... looks an huge model. I didn't know of the accident to the Indian submarine.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: