Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mig-3 with strange red star
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 12:26:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mig-3 with strange red star  (Read 4155 times)
B_Realistic

« on: May 08, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »

I've encountered this picture from Kev's Military Aviation site and I noticed this Mig-3 with an interesting way of putting a red star on the side. The angle seems totaly off. I think it was redone? Huh It seems there is also some patchwork on the rudder?

http://kevsaviationpics.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/MiG-3
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:56:43 AM by B_Realistic » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »

HI

good spot, I'd not noticed these pics

Looks like a red star has been reattached for display, as these were often cut out by souvenir hunters. Looks like another souvenir has been reattached!   Looks like it's on display at military barracks?

and another courtesy of Kev

I've not checked to see if this in the Mig-3 section, but worth posting up for details, is that A-14 on the exposed join, and note the wheels hubs in dark green.  Looks like the inside of the flaps is A II blue as well.

The glossy finish of the paint has been noted before, note the difference in sheen between the metal and fabric areas.

Is that one of the panels in the cockpit?  More knowledge folks I'm sure will spot more Smiley

cheers
T
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: