Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
bw image of the seat
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:34:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bw image of the seat  (Read 4991 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: May 16, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/img_857709_1367001470_13.jpg.html
Hi, here is a bw image of the lower part of the seat. Seems painted with a glossy light color.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:58:41 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
otto

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »

Very interesting picture, Massimo.
Also the floor could be the same color. It seems that aluminium and steel parts have different finishes. The frame pipes are dark, as the back armour seen in other pictures (A-14?). Could the seat and floor be ALG-1 or ALG-5? Many restored MiG-3s seem to have these items painted ALG-5.
Do you have any idea about the cockpit side aluminium panels? Some pictures show the engine panels painted green as the outer surfaces. Could it be the same also for the cockpit?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »

Hi Otto,
here is a difficult question. I have an answer only for the side panels: the ones preserved in Finland are light blue-green; of course this don't necessarily mean that them all were in the same way, but I would conform to this in absence of any other different example.
About A-14: being an usual paint for cockpits, I think it should be show on the most of the surfaces. If there is not any trace on known pieces, I think it was not used in this case.
About the seat: I've received a photo of what seems a wreck of seat from a MiG-3, that is painted light gloss green. It's the color one could expect from a glycol tank. Haven't I already shown it?

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:04:36 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
otto

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »

Thank you Massimo.
I found this thread
http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=1522.0
where we can find plenty of discussion about MiG-3 interior colors. I think we better continue there.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »

Sure. Unfortunately we didn't meet consensus on this theme.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: