Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/48 Accurate Miniatures Yak-1b- In Progress
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:20:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/48 Accurate Miniatures Yak-1b- In Progress  (Read 13271 times)
jonbius

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »

Nice work, Jon.  Is the Il-10 you intend to build the Special Hobby 1/48 kit?  If it is, be prepared for a difficult battle.  I did one about 3 years ago and it was one of the most difficult limited run kits I have built.  Just about nothing fit and one fuselage half was longer than the other. 

Thanks!

Yep, that is the kit... the SH one. For some reason, most of my commission builds are Special Hobby.  Tongue I guess most folks don't want to build them! LOL At least they are willing to pay me to do so. Thanks for the heads up. I figured it would be a tough kit, given the other SH kits I've built. I hope it's not worse than the Boomerang.... that was awful. I've sworn to never do that kit again ever.

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 05:53:15 AM »

Hi Jon,
the thing on the difficult building of the Il-10 is interesting. Could you take photos and notes during the process?
Regards
Massimo
jonbius

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 11:44:12 AM »

Hi Jon,
the thing on the difficult building of the Il-10 is interesting. Could you take photos and notes during the process?
Regards
Massimo

Sure- no problem!

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Tyronesdaddy

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »

One major thing I forgot to mention is the Special Hobby kit wings have uneven dihedral--as I recall the right (or maybe it was the left) wing  has greater dihedral than the other.  Perhaps the kit designers were enjoying too much Czech beer at lunch.  BTW, if you're interested  I did a write up on the kit on Hyperscale.  Go to the forums and search for "B.33".
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »

Hi Tyronesdaddy,
it would be interesting, but I have a lot of difficulties to find it. I've found a lot of posts on the B.33, but not a building report.
Regards
Massimo
Tyronesdaddy

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »

Massimo, I have not spent much time here as of late but here is a link:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/message/1242335816/

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »

Good page, thank you. Anyway, Jonbius is showing his built in detail on these days.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: