Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Eduard 1/48: Polikarpov U-2 GC3 Normandie 1944
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:07:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eduard 1/48: Polikarpov U-2 GC3 Normandie 1944  (Read 5463 times)
xan

« on: June 12, 2013, 11:12:10 PM »

This is the plane of Jean de Pange who served in the Normandie from 1943 to 1944, during the first and second campaign of thr free french figter group:

http://forum.aviation-ancienne.fr/t3387p15-pour-realiser-des-profils-je-cherche

The story of this man who was not pilot but navigator is amazing, in his memory he explains how he past suddenly fighting in the sahara with the Lorraine bomber group to the snow of Rusia with the Normandie group
His memory are very rich and precise (surely a navigator deformation)

Well here the kit, hope you will like it!

Xan

learstang

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:30:01 AM »

Tres bien, Xan!  Beautiful work on the Kukuruznik!  What paints did you use - AKAN?  Although I'm afraid it's in that nasty 1/72nd scale, I wonder if anyone here has seen and/or worked on the new ICM U-2.

Regards,

Jason

P.S.  The M-11 engine looks especially nice - did you do much additional work to it?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:32:17 AM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »

@Xan
This is very well done. Shocked
You did a good job on the wiring which is difficult.
Personaly I would love to see more weathering at the underside.
The engine is well done.
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:01:05 AM »

Hi Xan,

very very nice work.
It reminded me times long years ago when I built my Kukuruznik 1:72 from Kozavody Prostejov. Of course quality of my work then and yours now is not comparable Wink
Excellent.

66misos

TISO

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »

A beautiful build. Nice to see something else than multitude of Yak-s from N-N (IMHO nothing wrong in that mind you).

RE ICM 1/72 kit:
That kit it is a little bombon (a sweet little thing). The only PE parts you need are for instrument panel, seat harneses and throttles. Fuselage is extremly thin and has all the details you need moulded inside. It almost seems that master that was used had interior done with PART pe set (almost identical details)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:43:12 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »

A beautiful build. Nice to see something else than multitude of Yak-s from N-N (IMHO nothing wrong in that mind you).

RE ICM 1/72 kit:
That kit it is a little bombon (a sweet little thing). The only PE parts you need are for instrument panel, seat harneses and throttles. Fuselage is extremly thin and has all the details you need moulded inside. It almost seems that master that was used had interior done with PART pe set (almost identical details)

Thank you, TISO!  I suppose I'll have to buy me one.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
xan

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »

Thank you!
here are some more details:

the seats

the engine:

some plastic card piece and the hole in the base of the wing

Xan

B_Realistic

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 09:22:49 AM »

Impressive. Shocked
JP
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »

A bit late to this party, but that is an excellent build!  Thanks for posting it here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: