Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mig-19PM Trumpeter in progress
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 05:58:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mig-19PM Trumpeter in progress  (Read 7421 times)
B_Realistic

« on: June 20, 2013, 04:58:12 PM »

Hi,

I've started some time ago with the Mig-19PM from Trumpeter with some extra updatesets like the SBS Models nose correction and cockpit sets, interior and experior sets from Eduard. Some things like the full wiring on the seat and other things are scratch. It's also fully riveted.
It will be a weathered Hungarian one which is on display for several years.

Michel
learstang

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »

Good start, Michel - great-looking ejection seat!  The MiG-19 has always been one of my favourite jets.  It looks like it "means business", and with those powerful 30mm cannons, it did.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 06:04:18 PM »

Hi Michel,
interesting work indeed. You're making an huge work of detail.
The opening of the dorsal grilles is a remarkable work. It still requires some refinement.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »

Thanks.
The Mig-19 is simply a beautiful aircraft. Cheesy
4bogreen

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 02:45:58 PM »

Hey Michel  Cheesy

Looking good here! I see some filler, so how is the general fit? I use sometimes (and were its possible) tape on the sides of the filled part. Then i don't have filler in rivetholes and panellining. Its an original approach to make a Hungarian plane  Smiley

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »

@4bogreen
That's the same way I use filler.
The general fit is good but not perfect.
Considering that the nose is a resin part and that you've got to match it to the parts from the model it's merely some tiny adaptations. If you saw the part straigth you've got less fit problems.
The other thing where I needed some filling was at the underside brake and the forward part.
I'm not satisfied with the open intakecovers I've made and I'm going to redo that.
asekular

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »

Hello Michel,

I just saw your post (slow, I know) and wanted to give you thumbs-up. I have the ?less nice? kit of the MiG-19  ( the HiPM box) in my stockpile? I think this type lends itself to a weathered look. I am contemplating one of those dilapidated Soviet memorials, with the old airframe stuck on a concrete block...

Nice pit! And those louvers as well. They are worth spending some time on, as the final effect is surely going to be very nice.

Keep it up!
Aleks

If I just do what everybody else did, I'd be contributing to the sameness of everythin -C. Beefheart
B_Realistic

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 01:23:13 PM »

@Aleks
The louvers will be redone because I'm not satisfied.
At this moment I'm not able to take good pictures from the cockpit.
It's very cramped.
Next step is to take some pictures to show the rivets.
It will be a bird which is standing for years at the museum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: