Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 Late Trumpeter 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:59:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 Late Trumpeter 1/48  (Read 27813 times)
otto

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »

Merry Christmas to all!
I painted the interior and I am almost ready to close the fuselage halves. You can see the pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044098@N04/sets/72157634837916105/
The A-14 side walls and details are painted with Tamiya XF-53 and some dry-brushing with Humbrol 126.
The structure is Gunze H-401 dark gray.
The seat armor is painted with alternate layers of WEM AII and AMT-4 green (I have to get rid of them! Embarrassed).
The unpainted seat, control column and floor are Alclad Dark Aluminium.
The rear fuselage is natural wood, with black rear part to increase shadow effect from the rear cockpit bay hole.
These are only my interpretations of the bulk of conflicting information on this issue, and I am sure that many people will not agree. But the show must go on!
learstang

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 01:19:13 AM »

Looking very nice otto!  Great work on the interior.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 07:20:20 AM »

Hi Otto,
looks nice and well made. Thank you for sharing the photos, and Merry Xmas to you (and to all) too.
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 03:30:36 AM »

Hello everybody and have a good year!
I added two more pictures. Nothing to shout about, just to announce that I closed the fuselage halves: it is always a great moment!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 06:49:21 AM »

Hi Otto,
really well made. The pieces look really real. The details are surprising for an 1/48 model.
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 05:34:20 PM »

Thank you Massimo.
I think a great help comes from a magnifier similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THREE-LENS-MULTI-MAGNIFIER-HEAD-BAND-LOUPE-VISOR-JEWELRY-WATCHMAKERS-REPAIR-TOOL-/160902815497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25768e1f09

I bought one at the Hobby Model Expo. I paid it around 10 ? and it really improved my ability to work on small details. It is not very comfortable, especially in summer  Sad, but the magnifying quality is good. I know Tamiya has one, possibly more comfortable, for sure more expensive. Maybe one day I will buy one, instead of a kit that I know I will never build? Wink
Troy Smith

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 11:00:56 PM »

Hi Otto

can you not just add your images here?
like this?

really great work as well! 

it s a pain actually getting the photo url though, I got this from the 'page source'.... Flickr and photobucket seem to have got far to clever for their own good... 

cheers
Troy
otto

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 04:03:06 AM »

Hello Troy
I tried several times, but I could not.  Huh
When I have new pictures I will try again. Could you or anybody else help me?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 06:20:42 AM »

Hi Otto,
you have to copy the address of the image (not of the page with the image), paste it on the reply form. then select it and press the image icon (the second from the left).
Very interesting magnifier. Only, the mailing costs more than the item itself. A thing to test, anyway.
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 05:14:19 PM »

I try to post two pictures of the windscreen.

otto

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »

I try again.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:54:14 PM by otto » Logged
otto

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 05:39:54 PM »

Sorry Massimo, but i am a dull guy.  Cry
The first time I did it with images in a directory of my computer: I copied their address, selected it and pressed the image icon.
The second time I did the same with the image address of my Yahoo Flickr directory.
Nothing happened in both cases.
Troy Smith

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »

HI otto

you need the actual web address of the photo.   On Flickr they use a kind of slideshow, what you need is 'copy image address'

I did find it for the image above of yours I posted, if you right click it it will say 'view image' click that and the address in the browser bar is the location of the photo.

OK, I just went to your flickr, used the 'tools' at the top [I used Firefox] and got 'page info'

what you want is og:image.   that's 'address' is what needs to between the 'img' tags. 

like this

Which is amazingly clumsy!   For images here, they need to be hosted somewhere on the web.   I've used photobucket, but it's also now difficult, and also requires the latest browser version often.

A chap on Britmodeller recommended 'postimage'  which I think John Thompson uses.

OK, doing this I've posted these.   I think there should be a way with flickr to post the images to another site, but I'm not a member so I won't have access to this facilty.

You can now just copy and paste these yourself if you want to add them to your original posts, just use the 'edit' facility

But, now,  for everyone else, enjoy some superb modelling!

HTH
T
otto

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 12:51:55 AM »

Sorry Troy, but no success again. I think I must give up.
Anyway, thank you for your opinion!
I am also in an Italian modeling forum, Scale Model Forum, and there it's possible to upload pictures directly from my pc. Isn't it possible to do it here?
Troy Smith

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 01:26:14 AM »

Hi Otto

no, they need to be hosted somewhere on the web.  Try postimage - http://postimage.org/

From your post I presume you are Italian?  You might want to PM Massimo, in Italian as he
might explain it better better in your own language.

cheers
T
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: