Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IL2 hobby boss 1/32
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:12:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IL2 hobby boss 1/32  (Read 11250 times)
sims

« on: July 04, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »

This is the first of a small series

Ilyushin Il-2 single seater with VYA-23 rifles
(IL-2 model 1942)

The steps and evolutionary facts that could be collected under the definition of Il-2 mod.1942 are:

the adoption of a right wing of a new style VYA-armed with 23 guns positioned outside ShKAS, perhaps this wing has seen the end of 1941, but its use was widespread in 1942 both in metallic form (Zavod 18) and timber (1 by Zavod and 30), in case of shortage of VYA-guns 23, the smaller ShVAK could be installed as replacement.
the beginning of the production of IL-2 in the plant 1, the new site in Kuybyshev where they were moved from Moscow Khodinka; factory built only five Il-2 in December 1941 and began massive deliveries in 1942 after having stopped production of MiG-3;
the beginning of the production of IL-2 in the factory 30-Moskow Khodinka in February 1942 in the same location previously occupied by Zavod 1.
The evolution of the type until the end of 1942 was limited to the replacement of pointing devices and some redevelopment of the fuselage or the addition of rear arms on some shots, until the start of the production two-seater versions with rear gunner around November 1942 called Il-2M or model 1943.

I chose to represent Red 1 Lieutnant Titovich ShAP of 872 in 1943
camo is placed randomly as the black and white photograph my Red one with a camo brush after field repairs.

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il-2.htm

and the color profile

this is the result in picture

traditional green and black camo
Gunze H58
Tamiya XF 69

VVS colors for a study was made ​​here:
http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54267&hilit=couleur+VVS

Here the colors are laid, the next step performed panotage poses decals and patina

See you soon for the next

sims
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:04:05 PM by sims » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:17:16 PM »

Beautiful Il-2, sims!  If you're doing the Shturmovik in the photograph and the profile, notice that it has the wooden rear fuselage and wooden-covered wing.  The version with the metal rear fuselage was quite rare after 1941.  Hobby Boss unfortunately have all their Il-2 kits with the metal rear fuselage.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
sims

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »

Beautiful Il-2, sims!  If you're doing the Shturmovik in the photograph and the profile, notice that it has the wooden rear fuselage and wooden-covered wing.  The version with the metal rear fuselage was quite rare after 1941.  Hobby Boss unfortunately have all their Il-2 kits with the metal rear fuselage.

Regards,

Jason

thank you jason

I plan on installing several versions of IL2

the solution to hide the metal parts would cover those parts of surfacer

and Sanding
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:33:12 PM by sims » Logged
learstang

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »

Beautiful Il-2, sims!  If you're doing the Shturmovik in the photograph and the profile, notice that it has the wooden rear fuselage and wooden-covered wing.  The version with the metal rear fuselage was quite rare after 1941.  Hobby Boss unfortunately have all their Il-2 kits with the metal rear fuselage.

Regards,

Jason

thank you Jason

I plan to mount other IL2

the solution would be to coat of sealant metal parts and the sand to be in the right

cordially

sims

You're welcome!  That would work - something like Mr. Surfacer.  When I built my Il-2, it was a version with the metal wings, so I sanded off the rivets and panel lines on the rear fuselage.  Hard work, but worth it!  Bonne chance on yours!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
B_Realistic

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »

Very nice Il-2. Cheesy
You couldn't build enough Il-2's for Jason. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
learstang

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »

Very nice Il-2. Cheesy
You couldn't build enough Il-2's for Jason. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You're right about that, Michel!  There are never enough!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
otto

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 06:51:57 PM »

Very good job, only the panels preshading is a little overdone for my taste.
I think that the best way to remove the rivets is sanding them down as much as possible and finishing the job with Mr. Surfacer. Alclad polishing clothes are very good to smooth down surfaces treated with a finishing putty.
sims

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »

thank you
  I do this process over the next
Dark Green Man

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 10:35:49 PM »

does this kit come with 20 MM SHVak cannons ?
it would probably be the only version of an all-metal early series machine that I would want to do with this kit.

it would be really , really cool it it had the "reversed armament option" from Zavod 381.
now that would make for a very special kit.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
learstang

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 12:41:07 AM »

does this kit come with 20 MM SHVak cannons ?
it would probably be the only version of an all-metal early series machine that I would want to do with this kit.

it would be really , really cool it it had the "reversed armament option" from Zavod 381.
now that would make for a very special kit.

Unfortunately not, DGM.  It has the 23 and 37mm cannons.  It has the "late" metal single-seater wing.  Actually, since it's missing the balances near the wingtip, it's more like the wing for a metal-winged straight-winged two-seater.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »

Hi,
the reversed armament on wings was typical of all Il-2s built at least till October 1941 by all the working factories (mainly z.18).
I think that only z. 381 preserved this characteristic in 1942.
Probably there are photos of planes of Z.381 confused between those built by Z.18 and other ones in summer and fall 1941.
If you have identified any photo of a plane surely made in Z.381, it would be interesting to see it.
The modifications woud incude not only the armament, but the landing light on both wings, the balances both on the wingtips and under the ailerons, the metal skinned ailerons and differences in panel lines that are not perfectly known.
Regards
Massimo
Jirokoh

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 04:51:44 PM »

Awesome looking Il-2 ! I love the paint job Smiley Is it accurate though ? Smiley
Saivila

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »

About chipping the Soviet aircraft.  I have a real piece of PE-2 shot down in 1941, painted uniform A-19f grass green. The places where green paint is stripped, one can see Yellow spots.  Only very few deeper damages show the basic aluminium.  This maybe is quite little known appearance. So large areas of "bare aluminium" on wignroots etc.. could be actually a Zinc-chrome yellowish primer coloured, mainly.

Regards Saivila.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: