Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
RAF Il-10/B-33?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:08:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RAF Il-10/B-33?  (Read 3264 times)
jonbius

« on: July 08, 2013, 03:36:42 PM »

Does anyone know the story behind this photo? The friend who sent it to me said they thought it was a B-33 painted up for a movie, but he wasn't sure if that was the case.

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
learstang

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:44:25 PM »

That's actually a Czech Il-2 (Czech designation - B-31) that was painted with British roundels to represent a Fairey Battle in a movie.  That would be an interesting aeroplane to model!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
jonbius

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:57:19 PM »

Thanks for that info!

I built a Spitfire Mk. IX once in the markings of one of the aircraft in the Battle of Britain movie, so why not an Il-2 playing the part of a Fairey Battle! Smiley

Do you know the title of the movie, what it was about, etc.? Curious why a Battle would be portrayed.

Jon Bius
agapemodels.com
Modeling with a Higher Purpose
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: