Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Images of Pe-2 wreck in Lappeenranta
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Images of Pe-2 wreck in Lappeenranta  (Read 6913 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: July 24, 2013, 09:31:16 PM »

Hi all,
Tapani asked me to upload these images of a fragment of the wrecks of Pe-2 in  Lappeenranta depot.
I got one new souvenir from Lappeenranta. Much bigger piece of PE-2. Got some photos
and one straight scan. A19f and A14f on the other side . None of these photos can double the real shade of the paint,  but these colours are near
the samples on your pages  -72 years after the crash!!

Profile and the report. Shot down 29. 6. 41. by J Sarvanto.Plane BW-357

The Pilot  was Anton Ponomarenko from Ukraina  who survived. Engine was M-105. Unit 58th bomb regiment. Number unknown. This moment i'm not sure about serial numbers but i can ask about these.

Plane was one from two attac PEs. Target was Utti base. Sarvanto first shoot from 400 meters behind and hit the left engine then he catch the plane and shoot some more until the plane was on fire.

He and wingman Myllym?ki then tried to catch the another plane over the Baltic sea, but PE was faster than Brewsters.

This was the first PE shot down in Finland and Sarvanto first report that plane was similar to Hampden (!)

All this is written in finnish on those two documents.
4bogreen

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:36:41 PM »

Hi Massimo  Cheesy

This seems very intresting! Nice that the color nearly match you samples! I have two MPM and one Special hobby (its a MPM rebox) to build, so the information about the colors of the Pe-2 are very welcome  Grin

Regards,

Remco

On the bench,
-Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt BF109E-4 ZG-1
-Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb 57 GIAP, Kuban
B_Realistic

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 08:16:06 AM »

I also got one in my stash but first finishing the Tempest then the Mig-19, then the Hs-129 with 4bogreen  Cheesy, then the Tu-2... Cheesy
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:14 AM »

Hi,
I've the UM kit. I know it has some defects, particularly in the wingtips, but it allows to build all versions so I think it will be my preferred one.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:11 PM »

So the yellow underneath the green is ALG-1?  Since this is so early in the GPW, I suppose the green is A19f Green.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:39 PM »

So the yellow underneath the green is ALG-1?

Jason, why questioning ALG-1?  It's a piece of duraluminium protected with yellow zinc-chromate...  Cool
Do you have any other option for yellow?

Regards,
KL
learstang

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:29 PM »

So the yellow underneath the green is ALG-1?

Jason, why questioning ALG-1?  It's a piece of duraluminium protected with yellow zinc-chromate...  Cool
Do you have any other option for yellow?

Regards,
KL

Not really, Konstantin, but it never hurts to double-check!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: