Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
World War II in colour.
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:37:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World War II in colour.  (Read 4277 times)
barneybolac

« on: September 02, 2013, 11:44:53 AM »

I was watching an episode about the Eastern front & it had footage of a single seat IL-2 firing rockets. The footage was colorized & not natural colour at all. However the aircraft has some unusual markings on it's belly & if the colours were correct they also seem strange. I took some photos off of my flat screen TV & maybe some one could shed some light on this aircrafts markings?

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »

Hi,
I think that the colorizer has misinterpreted the images. The part that he painted red should be the blue one delimited by the upper camo, the longitudinal lower fastener and the shadow of the tail.
The tail colorizing is wrong too, the white part should be green and the green one at the tip should be black.
The bw version of the image shows a typical Il-2 with the camo of Zavod 30, the only unusual things are the light rectangles that could be due to a repair.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:23:25 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
barneybolac

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 10:51:25 PM »

Thank you I knew some one would have the answer here.
B_Realistic

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »

@Massimo
That's a very exotic camo and maybe I'll do a Il-2 again. Cheesy
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »

Hi,
the experimental camouflage for sunset, you mean?
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: