Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Alanger Yak-9K
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 01:47:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alanger Yak-9K  (Read 8573 times)
learstang

« on: September 14, 2013, 04:35:29 AM »

There is one of these for sale on eBay right now.  It's in 1/72nd scale.  Anyone know anything about this kit?  I really like the big-cannon Yak-9's.  (For those who don't know, the Yak-9K featured an NS-45 45mm cannon in the nose, even outdoing the ridiculously over-armed Yak-9T, with its 37mm cannon.  There were only a few Yak-9K's built because of recoil problems, not surprisingly.)

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Troy Smith

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 04:01:18 AM »

HI Jason

from what I have seen Alanger seem to rebox other manufacturers kits, the have done a lot of ICM for examples, like the 1/48  Yak7 and Yak 9 kits, and the Mig-3.

So, I'd guess it to be a rebox of an existing Yak-9 kit, I'm sure John would know.

HTH
learstang

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:36:50 AM »

Thank you for the reply, Troy!  That's right - John is the "Yakmeister" around here.  I suppose it's somewhat academic now as I've already ordered it.  For $11USD (which includes postage), even if it's terrible, it's not like I'll have to take out a loan to cover the cost.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »

Well I just today received my Alanger kit.  It is obviously based upon the ICM Yak-9M kit, with a new piece for the 45mm cannon muzzle.  This is both good and bad.  Good in that I've already built an ICM kit (although of course it's not completed), and it goes together rather easily (no over-engineering here).  Bad in that the Alanger kit has the ICM kit's too low canopy.  Just as with the ICM kit, I'll have to figure out some way to build it up, or try a replacement canopy.  The decals look nice, and are by Begemot.  Overall, for less than $11USD ($10.99, to be exact), including shipping, I'm not displeased.  I intend to complete my ICM kit as a Yak-9T, and this will look good next to it.  Any ideas about the canopy - I have a canopy from a Squadron set that's the correct height, and I was planning on using it for my Yak-9M/T model, but it's too short, and I'm open to other ideas.  Unfortunately canopies are something I can't scratchbuild.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:27:31 PM by learstang » Logged

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:18:50 PM »

Hi Jason,
how much too short? Was it for another kit?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 05:41:17 PM »

Hi Jason,

regarding canopy what about Pavla Models ?
http://www.pavlamodels.cz/katalogy/katalog.php?katalog=vacucanopy&c=al&typ=nahled

66misos

learstang

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 05:52:21 PM »

Hi Jason,
how much too short? Was it for another kit?
Regards
Massimo

Yes, Massimo, it's for a Yak-1M.  66misos, I didn't see a canopy for the Yak-9M on the Pavla site, but perhaps they had a canopy at one time?  If so, I'll look on eBay for a replacement canopy.  At any rate, I should look on Hannants or other mail-order houses for a suitable replacement canopy.  I'm not normally a rivet-counter, but the kit-supplied canopy is simply too low; it looks like a canopy for a racer!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:12:28 PM »

Hi Jason,

here at this Czech internet shop http://www.modelimex.cz/1-72-vacu-canopy-yak-9 they promise availability within one week.

66misos

learstang

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »

Hi Jason,

here at this Czech internet shop http://www.modelimex.cz/1-72-vacu-canopy-yak-9 they promise availability within one week.

66misos

Yes; I've dealt with Modelimex before without problems.  Thank you for the link, 66misos - I'll probably buy a couple of canopies.  Hopefully they'll be able to get them in stock.  No huge hurry though as I have plenty of models I need to finish first.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »

I've just ordered the canopies.  I shall let you know how they work out.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: