Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New 1/48 Yak-11
Sovietwarplanes
April 29, 2024, 10:17:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New 1/48 Yak-11  (Read 4034 times)
Tyronesdaddy

« on: September 29, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »

Bilek will soon release a Yak-11 in 1/48 scale with decals for 10 different machines:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//scalemodels.ru/&langpair=ru%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:54:05 PM by Tyronesdaddy » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »

Looks very nice. This plane was important, it was wrongly neglected.
I think to have a kit in 1/72 somewhere in my attic, a modest kit but certainly better than nothing.
Regards
Massimo
Tyronesdaddy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »

I am looking forward to the Bilek kit.  I have the RVHP Yak-11 in 1/48 which I worked on last year until I cracked the vacuform canopy while attempting to remove it from the backing sheet.  The plastic was very brittle.  Unfortunately, RVHP had a bad habit of only providing one copy of vacuform clear parts in their kits and they RVHP are no longer in operation, so the project is on permanent hold.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:15:23 PM »

Hi,
maybe you could hide the canopy with a cover; it is not enthusiasming but better than abandoning a model. Or maybe put a singleseater canopy and make one of the converted ones that can be seen at air meetings.
Regards
Massimo
Troy Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 12:53:06 AM »

I am looking forward to the Bilek kit.  I have the RVHP Yak-11 in 1/48 which I worked on last year until I cracked the vacuform canopy while attempting to remove it from the backing sheet.  The plastic was very brittle.  Unfortunately, RVHP had a bad habit of only providing one copy of vacuform clear parts in their kits and they RVHP are no longer in operation, so the project is on permanent hold.

I'm not sure where in the world you are, but you could fill the cracked canopy with Milliput [or similar] adding a handle and then 'smash-mould ' a new one from clear sheet.   Or use it to make a vac-form master,  have a look on youtube for examples of these techniques if you are unsure of what I mean.  If the vac canopy is damaged you have noting to lose.

Or wait till the Bilek one comes out and see if you can get a canopy off them.  Quite possible that an aftermarket vac canopy will be made for this kit anyway.

HTH
T
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: