Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
News from ARK Model: Polikarpov I-185 in 1:48
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 12:32:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: News from ARK Model: Polikarpov I-185 in 1:48  (Read 5430 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: October 11, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »

Hi,
should by available this October:

66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 05:34:21 PM »

Interesting. Who knows which prototype? There were five, all very different each other.
Regards
Massimo
Troy Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »

wow, that's unexpected....  and cool  Wink 

But, I think there are more deserving items to do first...for example a pity they didn't retool the ICM Yak kits they sell!

Still, will pick one of these up when i get chance.   

cheers
T

KL

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:56:08 PM »

wow, that's unexpected....  and cool  Wink  

But, I think there are more deserving items to do first...for example a pity they didn't retool the ICM Yak kits they sell!

Hi Troy,
ARK Model must have surveyed Russian market first and there was probably a larger demand for I-185 than for any Yak kit...

You have to understand that in Russia, I-185 has a special place in (popular) aviation history - it's widely accepted there that it was a far more capable/advanced design than any other available in 1942-43 to VVS or Luftwaffe.  It's also believed there, that I-185 hasn't been mass produced only because of the intrigues and Polikarpov's tragic fate.  Something like "what if we had a plane equal or even better than Fw-190 in 1942 instead of mediocre Yaks and LaGGs"...

A lot of myths surrounding this plane; so it is a good marketing choice.

Cheers,KL    
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:58:29 PM by KL » Logged
xan

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »

I heard that Ark Models was woking on a I-16 type 5 project too...

Xan

B_Realistic

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 07:02:17 PM »

That's very exotic. Cheesy
Troy Smith

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »

wow, that's unexpected....  and cool  Wink  

Hi Troy,
ARK Model must have surveyed Russian market first and there was probably a larger demand for I-185 than for any Yak kit...

You have to understand that in Russia, I-185 has a special place in (popular) aviation history - it's widely accepted there that it was a far more capable/advanced design than any other available in 1942-43 to VVS or Luftwaffe.  It's also believed there, that I-185 hasn't been mass produced only because of the intrigues and Polikarpov's tragic fate.  Something like "what if we had a plane equal or even better than Fw-190 in 1942 instead of mediocre Yaks and LaGGs"...

A lot of myths surrounding this plane; so it is a good marketing choice.

Cheers,KL    

Thanks for a very informative reply,  I can see that the casual buyer will just se 'Yak'.   

I had no idea of the legendary status of the I-185, it's not a plane I now much about, there is a bit in my very old [late 70's] book on Soviet fighters.   Which is buried in a box right now Sad

I'd not complain if some more Soviet prototypes got kitted in 1/48 though Smiley

Any idea which prototype this might represent, as Massimo says there were 5.

cheers
T
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: