Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-3 (Eduard 1/48)
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 10:24:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-3 (Eduard 1/48)  (Read 8000 times)
richard.kiss

« on: October 17, 2013, 07:21:57 PM »

Hi all,

here is my latest finished kit, the Eduard 1/48 Profipack Yak-3. It's a very simple kit even with the included photo-etched parts. I've added some extra scratched parts here and there.
For paintjob I used AKAN acrylics.

This plane flown by Lieutenant Colonel A. D. Yakimenko.

I hope you enjoy my photos below.

in progress pictures:

thanks for watching!

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:46:42 PM »

Hi Richard,

beautifull kit.
I remember discussion at http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=752.0 about color of engine cowling and fuselage star that look darker than star on the tail. And AMT-11/12 camo patterns.
I tried the same scheme as a moreless painting exercise in 1:72, however, it is far beyond this your one Wink

66misos

learstang

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »

Beautiful model of the Yak-3, Richard!  I see you have a bottle of white next to the AMT-7 - so you lightened the AKAN colours?  The A-14 in the cockpit looks very similar to the paint I use - Testors Model Master Neutral Gray flat enamel.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
richard.kiss

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:36 PM »

thanks guys.

of course, all colours lightened with white (except the red one). according to my experience there is no paint on market you don't need to lighten. For the scale effect you've got to lighten a lil' bit at least...

after the base colour has done, I gently "mottled" with the original AKAN colour to achieve a faded out camo. additionally I airbrushed heavily diluted brown some area, plus oil paint and chipping applied as well. after these techniques the overall impression of model got darker than the raw base colour. this is the second reason why I lightened the base colour.

B_Realistic

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 08:44:52 PM »

@Richard
Very well done.
Love the different tones in the camo.
Impressive weathering at the sides.
I see that the cockpit has been painted like the Spanish shool.
learstang

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »

@Richard
Very well done.
Love the different tones in the camo.
Impressive weathering at the sides.
I see that the cockpit has been painted like the Spanish shool.

You mean it's a bit chiaroscuro like Velasquez?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »

Hi Richard,
beautiful model indeed. I like the choice to lighten paints, particularly if one will choose to darken the recesses. I would make a bit of dark in the recesses of the guns too, both to represent the stain and to mark their shadow.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »

@Jason
Also ala Villalba and any other famous Spanish modeler. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: