Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Chkalov's I-16 and I-15 _screenshots from 1941 moovie.
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:22:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chkalov's I-16 and I-15 _screenshots from 1941 moovie.  (Read 7472 times)
AEROPOXY_YASIG

« on: March 10, 2007, 10:54:45 AM »

Valerii Chkalov's 1941 Lenfilm movie (1961 edited) screenshots.

Few in flight photos of Polikarpov I-16 and I-15 , taken from the 1941 movie , nice schemes, possible overall silver with red or black details.

Any comment about these schemes, I-16 type or I-15 scheme and type.

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 01:48:28 PM »

Those are beautiful - thanks for sharing them with us!

John Thompson
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 07:30:09 AM »

Hi, Smiley
beautiful images. Thank you for sharing.
I suppose that the I-16 is silver, with black or dark red bands, black numbers and white drops and thinner lines. The spinner looks black, while the engine disk could be dark red.
The I-15bis could be dark red with white or cream bands, white disks and slogans and black numbers.
It's interesting to see that the slogan on the I-15bis has been modified on some photos.
What does the inscription mean?
Is there any other source describing these planes? Has anyone contacts with Russian forums?
Massimo
Libor Jekl

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »

I'm not sure whether this can be a sort of a slang or something else what might be out of context, but "Prikazyvaju rygai" should read  "I order gurk / burp / spew"... Pretty naturalistic?  Grin
Jet

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »

I'm not sure whether this can be a sort of a slang or something else what might be out of context, but "Prikazyvaju rygai" should read  "I order gurk / burp / spew"... Pretty naturalistic?  Grin

Are you sure? The word прыгай means jump so in the first photo inscription says "jump" and the later modified version reads "I order jump!!!"
Libor Jekl

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »

Sure, you are right. I looked only at the third picture from below, where the "P" is not that visible. Sorry for that.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: