Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 ICM 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:38:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 ICM 1/48  (Read 29235 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 07:05:31 AM »

Hi Stefano,
in the first drawing, the orange pipe shows thebottle connected to the regulator and filter.
The thing indicated in green is the inside of a footstep, closed by tissue.
The thing indicated in lack is an hand pump for fuel injection at starting.
About oxygen systen: I don't know any more. Try to have a look to other planes as the La-7. The oxygen system could have not been installed on very early planes.
About the yellow pipe; at what level is it according to the kits?
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

Stefano, here (http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/yuri-rr/left-side.htm) and here (http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/personnel.html) are pictures showing the cap for compressed air refuelling.
skorpio62

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 03:21:31 AM »

Hi all,
Massimo today a friend lent me a book about the MiG-3. ...WOOOOWWWW!!! Congratulations I find it very very well done!
So well done that I have already removed some doubts Grin like the yellow pipe: is vent line of the fuel tanks....I read that you don't know if it was also about Mig of the war time, so don't think I replicate it Roll Eyes
Thanks otto, I also saw that on the right side there is a small door. .. is for oxygen.
I did find two schemas.
The first is for left side in red is piping for air compress: from charging hole to bottle, from bottle to regulator/filter, from regulator/filter towards the engine; in blue is piping for fuel: from the hand pump to engine

The second is for right side in green is piping for radio cables: from dynamotor to box on rear fuselage (small cable), from box to reciever (large cable), from reciever to control panel (small cable); in blue is piping for oxygen: from charging hole to bottle, from bottle to regulator, from regulator to mask attack (I saw the pictures of the cockpit of a Lavochkin)

are right or wrong?

Last thing: the fuel tanks, that I thought were blacks, instead they are in gloss yellow?

Stefano
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 06:55:23 AM »

Hi Stefano,
the venting pipe of the tanks of the rebuilt MiG is uncorrect, but it seemed unkind to write it after they helped me. It doesn't appear on the back deck on original photos, I think it ends into a small hole on the right side of the fuselage  under the rear part of the canopy, outside.
Yellow tanks... it is likely (apart when they were covered by self-sealing rubber); on some photos they appear light , on other ones are black.
Regards
Massimo
skorpio62

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »

Hi
Ok for the color of the fuel tanks, but the schemas for the pipes go well?
By certain drawings (one on your book) it seems that the vent pipe is not visible because under the floor Huh
Stefano
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »

Hi,
Under the rear deck you mean? Probably it was so.
The cutaway shows a pair of pipes, but none seems to start from the fuel system. So, seems that it doesn't appear or that is not correctly represented.
Regards
Massimo
skorpio62

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »

Hi
Massimo I have not explained well, I mean the pipes of the last two drawings (radio, air compress, oxygen....)

Stefano
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »

Hi,
what can I say? From the drawing it seems that the cable to the radio deck should pass for behind it, and other cables should be fixed to the tube strut, not to pass at mid air.
Regards
Massimo
skorpio62

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »

Hi all,
I'm finishing the cockpit and resolved the doubts about piping I have another question....yes another one.... Grin
The arming handles on the instrument panel are two or three? In some drawing are three (even here in the cockpit page) in other are two (the book of Massimo and drawing taken from the aircraft's technical manual).
On the sides the handles are the same in all designs (arming the ShKAS) but the central handle? If there is where fixed? To panel?

Stefano
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »

Hi Stefano,
the central handle is for the UBS. Usually it was between the ShKAS.
Some variants of MiG-3 had two UBS or two ShWAK instead of three machine guns in the nose.
Regards
Massimo
skorpio62

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2013, 03:16:09 PM »

Hi Massimo,
so should I put? Is attached to the panel?

Stefano
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2013, 07:04:45 PM »

Hi,
It is connected to a rod passing through a small hole on the front plate, on the left of the gunsight.

Regards
Massimo
skorpio62

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2013, 07:34:14 PM »

Hi all,

I went ahead and I detailed fuselage interior

and I started the painting of the cockpit

the instrument panel, the arming handles are made of copper rod

fuel tank with piping to wing tanks, air compress bottle (black, made from a rocket in 1/35) and oxygen bottle (shaped by a piece of sprue)

Stefano
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:46:46 PM by skorpio62 » Logged
learstang

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »

Very nice work, Stefano!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2013, 07:22:58 AM »

Hi Stefano,
interesting work indeed. A lot of good details.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: