Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 new profiles
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:46:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 new profiles  (Read 19022 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: October 22, 2005, 08:52:04 AM »

Hi,
I am updating the MiG-3 page with three new profiles and some small corrections. Please have a look to the MiG-3 update page, and let me know comments.

Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 03:23:13 PM »

hi Massimo,
nice updates.
I have noticed some error. On the page of Kryuchov's plane is mistyped the surname of the pilot. It should be Kriukov's as in the text on the site.

p.s.
this is kinda test of the site,  if it is possible to type in cyryllic- Крюков- this is the pilot surname in cyryllic

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 11:59:04 PM »

Hi Audrius,
unfortunately my editor doesn't accept cyrillic charachters. I don't know how to do. Cry
Best regards
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:02:20 AM »

Massimo it is not neccesary to write in cyrylic.
Write in latin transcription, just in correct way. It should be - Kriukov's
This is what I meant

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 09:26:43 PM »

Yes, but it would be good to write some words in cyrillic too. I have seen sites with both characters. Who knows how to do?
Massimo Smiley
Audrius

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 09:12:58 AM »

As an option could be the writting to save as picture file and insert it.
In other way I can send you any cyrylic writting and you just copy and paste it in the article.  Grin
Try to check if it is possible to select a Russian language in your PC for keyboard as an option.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 10:42:39 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
I have already tried to copy and paste, but it don't function. It looks that a file must be born with some characters setting allowing to do this, but I don't know how.
 Sad
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 08:27:09 AM »

Let me play with it and see if I can make it work for me.  I have Russian characters loaded on my computers for writing to my friends.  I'll let you know.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 09:46:31 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I've uploaded a new profile and photo at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/white1bis.html
Please let me know any comment.
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 07:53:26 AM »

hi Massimo
nice done!
What do you think if the number "1" is not white but red?!! The shades of star and number for me looks very similar.
As well I supose that on the tail there is much bigger patern of Black color than on your profile. With the tip of tail is OK. But I think that just below the horizontal axis of the star there starts a big Black parten winged downwords. And I don't see any Black partern on the  bottom edge of the tail as you presented. I wish I had a proper software I could present what I have in mind  Grin
What is your oppinion Massimo on that?

And other assumption to profiles in general: why not to draw a profile of the side excatlly which is presented on the picture? That would be more historically accurate  Grin
I have noticed that you prefer to present the left port of a/c. Is there anything in particular with this?  Huh

BR Audrius
JP
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 08:58:48 AM »

What do you think if the number "1" is not white but red?!! The shades of star and number for me looks very similar.

And other assumption to profiles in general: why not to draw a profile of the side excatlly which is presented on the picture? That would be more historically accurate? Grin
I have noticed that you prefer to present the left port of a/c. Is there anything in particular with this?? Huh

Probably he presents this view because the technical drawing is already done for this side of the aircraft and he doesn't have to do the whole thing this way.

As for the number, I thought when I saw it that it may be a color too, but maybe yellow.? It could just be a dirty white.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 09:36:56 PM »

Hi, Smiley
this is one of the images where red is undistinguishable from white. I think that the number is white because the most were so. Red numbers are common only on winter planes. Of course, a red 1 would be more interesting.
About the tail, its camo is merely guess, and I had a look to other planes. Maybe I'll add a bit of black....
I think that the right wingroot plate was replaced with a green one, probably I'll draw this on the left side too.
Do you see that the style of drawing of trasparent panels has changed? I think that this one is better. I am just wondering if I have to update all my existing profiles...  Undecided
John, your explanation of the problem with profiles is right. I haven't the right side template ready. Of course one can do it, but the known images to obtain profiles are close to be end. Now I am drawing profiles of 401 IAP, 42 is already drawn. Some were green-black, some only green. Black is scarcely evident in photos, but it is more evident on videotapes. Shocked
Massimo Smiley

Massimo Smiley

Audrius

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 07:51:27 AM »

hi
most probably the number "1" was in white. Just because of the film features the red of stars looks in very similar shades as the white number.
The transparent panel now looks better in new way of drawing. Perhaps not necessary to update all your previuos drawings unless you have plenty of free time  Grin

If you are close to finnish with available Mig-3 pictures , than perhaps you should transfer to other type a/c!!!  Grin

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 09:28:30 AM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
yes, I can't wait the moment to pass to Lavockins. Besides I have the work on Yak-4 just at its begin, and I am waiting a CD from Jan with better scans of Ar-2 to update that page too.
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 07:17:34 AM »

Hi, Smiley
I've uploaded many new profiles of planes of 401 IAP, and I've revised two or three older drawings. Please see page on updates.
Massimo
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: