Sovietwarplanes
February 20, 2020, 12:26:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  
Author Topic: P-39 Airacobras in VVS  (Read 81767 times)
PG monster

« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2019, 08:43:39 PM »

Hi pg_monster,
thanks a lot for correction. I am also not here every day/week, therefore my a late response.

1. White 24 - I sent you my e-mail addres via Messages at this forum. Photo showing "white 24" with 14 starlets without shield would be very helpfull.
    Other questions:
2. White 21 - do you have a photo showing Shikunov's Cobra without Gvardia emblem?
3. White 111 - yes, typo - 21 besides of 211,
4. White 67 - why do you think that "V" was orange or zellow, but not red?

Regards,
   66misos

Hi, TU a lot for your cool profiles! And again sorry for late answer.
2. No photos. But Nevsky order is personal Shikunov's award, not regimental one.
4. It looks so, isn't it of other shade?
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2020, 11:43:57 AM »

Hi,
here https://www.nps.gov/articles/ladd-field-and-the-lend-lease-mission-defending-alaska-in-wwii-teaching-with-historic-places.htm is an interesting article about L-L planes delivered via ASLIB.

Info regarding red stars and the photo is from that page:
"...Soviet Leader Josef Stalin did not want United States military forces flying into Soviet airfields, he insisted that Soviet pilots should accept the planes in Alaska...Since the Soviets officially took ownership of the aircraft at Ladd Field, the planes were inspected and painted with a red star to denote that the aircraft were now the property of the Soviet Union. The Soviets would land at Nome for refueling and repairs before crossing the Bering Strait..."

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2020, 06:01:51 AM »

Hi Misos,
nice to see that you are continuing your researches on this topic. I hope to see updates to your page on P-33 some days.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
  Print  

Jump to: