Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-7 V armament
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:21:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-7 V armament  (Read 7505 times)
marluc

« on: March 20, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »

Hi,everybody:

This is my first post in this forum,excuse my basic english,please.The Yak-7 V,carried any kind of gun?The diferent sources I have about this topic have discrepancies.I know that the Yak-7 V was just a "familiarization" aircraft,and the Yak-7 UTI was the combat trainer,am I right?.Any help will be very appreciated.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »

With all due respect for everyone else on this forum, for my money, the local Yak expert is a guy who uses the posting handle "Dark Green Man". Maybe with some luck he'll jump in on this one, or you could try contacting him by e-mail - check the registered users list. Good luck!

John Thompson
Dark Green Man

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 12:05:58 AM »

well, you gentlemen really don't need me do you?
the Yak-7UTI (conversion trainer/fighter) had a single 7.62 mm SHKas gun on the left side (like the Yak-9) for gunnery training and practice.
the Yak-7V (familiarization) had no armament at all.

p.s. John, thanks for the vote of confidence !
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
marluc

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »

DGM:

Thank you for your reply,we really need you(and your knowledge about VVS aircraft).Now,I`ve a clear view about the Yak-7V.See you:

Martin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:47:15 PM »

Martin, you are quite welcome.
let me know if you need any other Yak fighter info,I do not know everything but I will share it if I know it.

while I am at it I should clarify that the Yak-9's had a 12.7 mm UBS not a SHKas , what I meant is that it is on the left side only not on the right or both as in the Yak-7A,b and Yak-3.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
FPSOlkor

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 10:34:42 AM »

I am at it I should clarify that the Yak-9's had a 12.7 mm UBS not a SHKas , what I meant is that it is on the left side only not on the right or both as in the Yak-7A,b and Yak-3.

This is a matter of discussion, actually... I've spoken with vets who had 2 UBS mg's on their Yak-9, although it seems that it was not a common weapons arrangement. About trainer weapons - it was not unified, so anything could be used...
marluc

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 09:10:57 PM »

DGM:

Thanks for sharing your information with me and all the "forumers",of course;you are very kind.And thanks again for the aditional data about Yak-9 armament.As a matter of fact,I need more info about the Yak-7V,but I?ll post it in the proper "section" in this forum.Thanks again,see you:

Martin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 11:55:10 PM »

This is a matter of discussion, actually... I've spoken with vets who had 2 UBS mg's on their Yak-9, although it seems that it was not a common weapons arrangement. About trainer weapons - it was not unified, so anything could be used...

Yes, I have heard this before...
I was referring to the factory installed armament, not field modifications.
this personal 'upgrade' would have to have been very rare and only on a regiment -to-regiment basis and not applied to the whole of Yak-9 production.
[/font]

FPSOlkor

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 10:39:08 AM »

Yes, I have heard this before...
I was referring to the factory installed armament, not field modifications.
this personal 'upgrade' would have to have been very rare and only on a regiment -to-regiment basis and not applied to the whole of Yak-9 production.
[/font]

Yak -9 of first production line of at least 50 units had 2 UBS's, then it would be installed with an unidentified frequency, but still in the factory, i suppose - it depended on the mg's presence at this given moment. I heard about reducing the amount of guns in the field, but adding...
marluc

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 03:13:44 AM »

I understand that the first Yak-9s had 2 UBS because they were based in the Yak-7b,am I wrong?

Martin
FPSOlkor

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 05:52:46 AM »

You are right - two machines were built at the same production line, so to reduce the time to conversion they were as unified as it could be only possible...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: