Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
U or P?
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 05:55:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U or P?  (Read 2948 times)
asekular

« on: February 05, 2014, 02:00:14 AM »

Greetings all,

In preparation of building a model it is usually good to decide on precise genome of the chosen subject.  My question from the title is related to following images from two different sources:

Based on the photo itself it is not clear if this is a "U" or a "P". But on a model it will make some important difference. Is there some more information on this aircraft somewhere? I am leaning towards a "U" simply as both sources say that it is 1946 and that seams a bit early for a "P"- the trials of this type went into 1947 as far as I know.

Also, if someone has a nice close-up photo of that gun-camera used on late Yaks (in front of the windscreen), I would be very happy to see it!

Thanks in advance,

Aleks

If I just do what everybody else did, I'd be contributing to the sameness of everythin -C. Beefheart
MrTrollinski

Yakovlev 3 a.k.a. Spitfire of the East

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »

Hello. I dont know if this helps, but most Yak 9Ps have glass in between the canopy and tail.

Hope that helps

Have fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: