Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Vallejo Model Air VVS paint matches?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:55:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vallejo Model Air VVS paint matches?  (Read 4497 times)
SmashedGlass

« on: February 09, 2014, 05:59:06 PM »

I know the topic of these paints have been brought up before, but only lightly in passing.
Has anyone tried making a match to WWII VVS colors or AKAN paints with Vallejo?

I myself do not have the entire line of VMA colors to test (yet), only about 30 bottles so far, nor do
I have actual AKAN paints or chips to compare to. One can go by what Vallejo themselves list as the
"FS match" but as we all know a manufacturers interpretation of a match can be a bit.... off.

Hoping someone else out there may have started to make this effort to save me from having to buy every
single bottle of Vallejo!  Cheesy

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »

Vallejo are hardy available in my town, only in a shop of role play and I suppose that they have more ork's skin greens than Soviet ones.
I've heard that Vallejo are better than Tamiya and Gunze for brush use. I would like to know if this is right.
Regards
Massimo
viktor

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »

Hi.

Some VVS o Vallejo Model Air research was already made by the Russian modeller Dmitry with following suggestions:

AMT-4 >>> Vallejo 010
AMT-6 >>> 057
AMT-7 >>> 008
AMT-1 >>> 023
AMT11 >>> 047
AMT-12 >>> 052
A-14 >>> 047

Please, bear in mind these paints are considering the scale effect for the 1/72 scale.

Regards
Viktor
SmashedGlass

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »

Thanks for that information, Viktor. I'm in the process of purchasing another batch of colors to add to my selection, and I'll post results after they arrive for everyone to weigh in on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: