Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-3 Zakharov
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:48:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-3 Zakharov  (Read 28313 times)
Lolo

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »

Hi

Sorry Xan for the wrong Zakharov La-5  Sad  Me too I would like to have a picture of it since years ... that date back when I was a teenager (And I am 50 now!)

More Zakharov Yak-3 photo - this one is also from Icare 65 : it's only one half of it as it was print on 2 pages with the fold cutting it. I didnt  manage to scan and merge correctly with the other half. The other half has no spinner detail but it has a nice soviet hero marking details. tell me if you want it.

Enjoy

Lolo

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 07:02:47 AM »

Hi Lolo,
I see that the thin outline of the arrow is much darker than the background of the knight. Perhaps the outline was black. Could you scan the other part of the image to see again how red details appear, please?
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »

I'm very surprised to see how white the Arrow is. Shocked
KL

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 07:49:25 PM »

I see that the thin outline of the arrow is much darker than the background of the knight. Perhaps the outline was black.

Yes, based on the last photo, the black outline is quite posible....

I searched the internet and I couldn't find a single profile which would combine all the elements that we have figured so far:  blue-gray spinner, red shield and black arrow outline!
KL

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:57 PM »

I have tried to reconstruct what is behind the three musketeers - following is the result:

Conclusions:
1.  Red star has wider white outline than what was usual, especially after WWII.  Fuselage star has the same red to white proportions as the tailfin star.  Inner red star is approx 50% of the marking radius.

2.  White arrow is unusually short for 18 giap or N-N Yaks.  It ends just behind the fuselage star while 18 giap and N-N Yaks usually had arrows almost to the tailplane.  The rear end of the arrow is less pointed than the decal.

3.  Factory applied fuselage number was overpainted with dark gray AMT-12.  Overpainting is similar to what is seen on several N-N planes, like this one:

KL

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:30 PM »

This profile is the closest to the real Zaharov's Yak-3

except for the arrow's tail which is too long and the white border around the fuselage star which is too narrow, it's OK.  AMT-11/12/7 colours are convincing.  It also looks like Yak-3.

Following are some less successful attempts:  Sad

shield colour on all three is suspicious and most have problems with VVS Red Stars (strange how official markings, unchanged for half a century have been misinterpreted Huh).

This one is based on Pilawskii's information

Camouflage colours are wrong and VVS Red Stars are wrong (among other things).  Drooping nose and heavy weight spinner make things even worse....  Sad Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:53:34 PM by KL » Logged
Lolo

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 10:09:04 PM »

Here is the second part of the 2 folds picture of Zakharov Yak-3.

Lolo

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2014, 07:19:45 AM »

Hi Lolo,
I'm trying to reconstruct the whole photo with Photoshop. Seems that some parts are still missing, in particular the part on the junction of the pages and the one of the lowerpart of left landing gear and cooler.
Hi Konstantin,
the red on the Guards mark doesn't correspond to the shield this time. Perhaps it's only a problem of reflection, but I am no sure about the conclusion.
Regards
Massimo
Lolo

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 11:39:33 AM »

Hi Massimo

I'm traveling at the moment - I'll be back at home on Friday to see if I can provide you better scans so you can reconstruct the whole picture.

Lolo
KL

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 06:04:59 PM »

the red on the Guards mark doesn't correspond to the shield this time. Perhaps it's only a problem of reflection, but I am no sure about the conclusion.

You can't simply compare shades of gray and then reserve particular gray for a specific colour.  There are many reasons why the same colour could produce different shades of gray on b/w photos - lighting, exposure time, etc.
Similar colours will produce different shades of gray too.  For what i know, red colour comes in many shades and that translates to many shades of gray in b/w photos.  Your observation may mean that the red of the shield and the red of the guards mark were not exactly the same.

How do you explain different colour of the fuselage and tail stars on this photo?

Just compare those two stars with the spinner which was painted in known colours - do you think that the tail star was the same colour as the tip of the spinner?

Regards,
KL 
KL

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »

Interpretation by Eduard:

Model made as per Eduard's instruction

IMHO, not authentic....  Sad
Lolo

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »

Believe it or not , the new issue of French Avions magazine (#205) released a new picture of a new Zakharov Yak-3 (not the one we already know) in the 2 following months of the end of war (Elbing airfield location) with :

- Silver bordered stars
- St Georges knight personnal marking
- Arrow regimental marking
- Guards marking on the nose
- No bort number

...AND... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

- Tricolore spinner (normandie Niemen way)
- "Kremlin" style stars on the fuselage and on the fin (red and yellow!)

WOAH !!!

Lolo

Avions magazine 205 :

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:28 AM »

Very interesting. I wait to see it. Thank you for the warning.
Regards
Massimo
xan

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 08:25:51 AM »

- Silver bordered stars
- St Georges knight personnal marking
- Arrow regimental marking
- Guards marking on the nose
- No bort number
- Tricolore spinner (normandie Niemen way)
- "Kremlin" style stars on the fuselage and on the fin (red and yellow!)

red and yellow is an Many souffan interpretation (I think it was a classical kremlin's star
silver bordered star is another interpretation.
It's an article about the return of the normandie-niemen in Paris (26 pages!)
The yaks Staline gave to the NN pilots had evidentely silver bordered stars, but it's not as evident for Zakarov's one.

Konstantin I saw Many thanks you at the end of the article, you take part in this work?

Xan

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 08:19:17 PM »

- Silver bordered stars...

...silver bordered star is another interpretation.
It's an article about the return of the normandie-niemen in Paris (26 pages!)
The yaks Staline gave to the NN pilots had evidentely silver bordered stars, but it's not as evident for Zakarov's one...

Interesting, I always thought this star is silver bordered on this N-N Yak-3:

Thas presure bottle is interesting - there are letters "BO3..." e.g. "VOZDUCH"? e.g. "AIR"?

And also possibly here:

and here:

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:26:48 PM by 66misos » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: