Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Seeking GPW-era Tu-2 photos for magazine article
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:05:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking GPW-era Tu-2 photos for magazine article  (Read 3317 times)
Chappie

« on: March 18, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »

Good day everyone,

My first post here.  I'm an author/photographer for Warbird Digest magazine currently working on an article about the Tupolev Tu-2.  This will be the first article I've done on a Soviet aircraft and I have found very little information on the Tu-2 combat operations.

At this time I'm looking for good quality (i.e. high-res scans) wartime photos of the Tu-2 and its crews that I would be permitted to publish in a magazine.  I'd also like to find a couple photos of Andrei Tupolev himself.  Although I would not need it for the current article I'd like to hear suggestions on books that document Tu-2 combat ops during the GPW.  I currently have only names of battles, but no specifics on units, crews, bases, etc.

Lastly, I hope Mr Korytov and Chirkin see this because I'd like to know if they have ever met and interview any Tu-2 combat veterans.  I always like to include first hand accounts in my articles.

Thanks very much.

Chappie
learstang

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:25:36 AM »

Welcome to the site Chappie and good luck on your article! I don't know if Messrs' Korytov and Chirkin have any interviews with Tu-2 veterans, but I know Mr. Korytov was very gracious when I asked him about using an interview with an Il-2 mechanic (I'm writing a book on the history of the Il-2). I'm afraid that my area of "expertise" is on the Shturmovik, but I'm sure someone will be along who knows about the Tu-2.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Chappie

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:24:43 AM »

Thanks Jason.  I'll do so.

Chappie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: