Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Piece of I-16 with green and black paint found in 2013
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:09:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Piece of I-16 with green and black paint found in 2013  (Read 4037 times)
xan

« on: April 25, 2014, 01:26:59 AM »

Hi
a Russian friend of us who often come to our french forum show us those pictures i've never seen before:

it's an I-16 type 27 found by turist accidentally in 2013 in the northern front surely fron the B.Safonov regiment.

AMT-4 or (AII green) and AMT-6 can be seen.
in the first pic the metal piece seems to be wet, excepte in the upper corner.
wonderfull isn't it ?
perhaps you all know those pics....

Xan
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:29:13 AM by xan » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:25:55 AM »

Hi,
interesting photos indeed.
I see that there is no trace of a zinc chromate layer, the green looks painted directly on the metal.
Besides the black has a greenish tint, could be due to the dominant light or to the ageing, but if it was real there is no wonder that veterans spoke of dark green. Could you ask to the photographer (or the owner of the pieces) if it is real or a photo artifact?
Regards
Massimo
xan

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 08:24:57 AM »

Besides the black has a greenish tint, could be due to the dominant light or to the ageing, but if it was real there is no wonder that veterans spoke of dark green.
Tu quoque Massimo?

Alex find the pics here:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_4735_start_1480.html
my russian is not good enough! may be Konstantin could help?

Xan

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:01:18 AM »

Hi,
I've tried to obtain an automatic translation of some parts
I-16 lieutenant commander fourth AE 72nd SAP VVS SF, Gennady Vladimirovich Antipina that was shot down in combat flak July 16, 1941. No ... not the wheel ... Added after 1 minute 34 seconds: At the time of death knocked in a group of three aircraft 06.27.1941 year (with BF Safonov and Gubanov VP) German plane scout Hs-126 .

.. Judging by the photo is the type 27/28 - in addition to guns ShVAK enough visible hinge brackets dvuzvennikov on landing gear, although history has not preserved them or gear doors, .... but there is still a photo? ... And what is the fate of I-16? atoms ... something I have not seen anywhere else ... silver
... and by the way, Safonov on I-16 type 28 fly, and it is thought-provoking ...

Allow a few words ...
Airplane Antipina was type 27 (№ 2721D33). machine is very rare and interesting! As I see it, it's easier to alter the type of 24, because propeller-like group. Good luck in the building!

color man who found it in 1997, wrote to me that "Painting aircraft, judging by the debris, (writing from memory) was dark green top, silver bottom

So, this plane was painted according to prewar standard, and hurrily camouflaged with the darker color.

Regards
Massimo
xan

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 09:16:07 AM »

Massimo, may  I am wrong, but Tehnik si speaking about this pic Aesha posted in the 74 page don't you think?

our pics belong to another plane.

Xan
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:18:20 AM by xan » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »

Very possible. The arguments are mixed.
There was some recent discussion on the use of silver on the undersurfaces of I-16s, or I remember wrong?
Note that the landing gear doors are not shining.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: