Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Silver Il-2?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:09:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver Il-2?  (Read 36335 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 05:59:16 AM »

Hi,
updated version - snow cloud behind plane a bit changed, additional details on the plane are added or corrected.

Massimo, I have one or two candidates in the (summer) camouflage. Not high resolution, but at least not full of the comprimation artifacts. I still have not found Il-2 photo of the similar quality like previous Avia of Bf-109. Cry
Regards,
    66misos
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:57:19 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:26 AM »

Hi Misos,
looks good. Only, there are some recognizable white scratches on the snowy surface that should be deleted. Besides I see a blue line along the rails that isn't convincing.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. I will remove the most evident scratches from the snow.
But there are scratches also over the planes and when I tried to remove them it changed overall appearance of the planes and it required another "post-scratches" corrections. When enlarged the picture is not soft/blurred but is full of little squares (compr. artifacts). So tried again and again different approaches/methods but without fully satisfying result.
I do not understand what you mean by "blue line along the rails". Could you, please, explain it a bit more? Do you mean Pitot tube on the right wing?
Regards,
     66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 11:48:13 AM »

Hi Misos,
I think you have misedintified the pitot probe. It is in inner position, well visible.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »

Ups Shocked
Massimo, thank you for correction. Yes, I misinterpreted it, although using your profile as a reference (btw very nice picture):

So rails and Pitot tube are clear now. The wing gun seems to be that black linear blotch near to landing gear gondola.
So needed corrections:
- scratches on the snow,
- cockpit rails + Pitot tube + wing gun.
Hope there are no other evident errors Embarrassed I will wait day or two and then I will correct them all together.
Regards,
    66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »

Hi Misos,
the man should be improved, particularly the color of the face.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »

It's surprising how dirty the area around the cockpit and the nose of the plane look on colorized photo.  along the same line, the plane on Massimo's drawing looks metallic because it's extremely clean...

if you compare colorized image with the original - IMHO engine cowling should be more white (or more reflective)

IMHO, both sky and plane's undersides should be lighter.

the man should be improved, particularly the color of the face.

I would crop the picture or delete the man...

Regards,
KL
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:52:30 PM by KL » Logged
66misos

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »

Hi Getns,
thanx both for comments. So here is another attempt:

- rail, Pitot tube and wing gun corrected,
- plane made lighter,
- major scratches on the snow removed,
- person slightly reworked and more blended with enviro. I somehow like "human element" in the picture,
- sky is reworked.
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:23:31 AM by 66misos » Logged

KL

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 07:03:22 PM »

Hi Misos,
Your main problem is the grainy texture: if you want this Il-2 to look metallic, the shadows definitively can't be grainy.  You may try to translate density of grains  into 2-3 shades of gray and then arrange them as bands

Regards,
KL
66misos

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »

Hi KL,
you are absolutely right about that grainy texture. However, it is "feature" of the source photo, not colorizing. I did not want to change character of the photo, especially after "white vs. silver" reactions on the Russian forums.
So I will keep my previous colorized winter Il-2 as is - not clear whether white or silver.

And I will make also "what-if" silver version.
EDIT: Work in progress:

However, it is not colorizing anymore, it is painting over original photo, so it is quite manipulative. But it looks interestingly ;-)
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:38:00 AM by 66misos » Logged

learstang

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2014, 06:21:12 PM »

It does look interesting, 66misos!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2014, 09:07:30 PM »

Hi Misos,
It looks excellent, rear fuselage looks like solid metal cylinder.

However, it is not colorizing anymore, it is painting over original photo, so it is quite manipulative.

I don't have problems with your "painting".  Colorizing is always a manipulation, what you are doing now can be called "restoration" or "enhancement"  Wink

Cheers,
KL
66misos

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »

Hi,
thanks all for comments.
a little progress on the picture above - the work on the front fuselage started.
Regards,
   66misos

66misos

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 06:43:26 AM »

Hi,
another little progress on the picture above - plane itself with Alu surface could be finished. However, it is too clean, it stands out from picture. Probably some grains should be added to blend it with photo.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 07:56:01 AM »

Hi Misos,
yes, that is right. Some grains and maybe a bit of 'noise' or other irregularities.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: