Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3s of 148 IAP
Sovietwarplanes
April 25, 2024, 11:33:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3s of 148 IAP  (Read 3244 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: April 17, 2007, 11:15:20 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I've found a pair of new photos of MiG.3s during the Battle of Kharkov on Airmag n.3
This is new

while this was already known.

Note that the slogan Za Stalina looks identical, although the aircraft is not the same. It is probably made by stencil.

This image, already known, is from the other side, and shows "Za Rodinu" painted with similar style.

At the beginning, I thought that each plane had its own slogan, maybe on both sides, but now I am considering that ALL planes of the unit had "Za Stalina" on the left side and Za Rodinu on the right one.

This image was aready known; on the base of this hypothesis, it should carry slogans on both sides.

This is different; it shows a camouflaged plane. The interesting thing is the spinner with a white sector, as on many German planes.

What do you think of this?

Massimo Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: