Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
LaGG-3 of Plator from a vacuformed kit
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 11:16:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LaGG-3 of Plator from a vacuformed kit  (Read 2754 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: July 07, 2014, 01:44:21 PM »

Hi,
I've received some photos from Plator
This is my latest build, a LaGG-3 build from a vacu formed Russian kit that I bought many years ago and that I do not recall the brand.  Like with any other vacu formed kit it took a lot of work to be built and particular care to detailing, with many elements, like wheels, wheel struts, propeller, propeller hub, cockpit, canopy and windscreen having to be borrowed or built from scratch. In building the kit I made extensive use of plasticard and every other material I could put to good use.

I choose to represent a later model LaGG-3, probably a 66 type with a slab sided windscreen like that of the La-5. However, I failed to obtain or construct the related exhaust stacks, having to make do with the exhaust of a precedent model. I opted for the late war camo scheme of two grays that I applied freehand with my trusted Holbein Neo Hohmi, using Humbrol enamels. I had in my stock a decal sheet that happened to be appropriate for the camo scheme.

Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »

Nice little model! 1/72nd scale?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: