Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kostylev's LaGG-3
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:30:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kostylev's LaGG-3  (Read 4129 times)
KL

« on: May 02, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »

This have been seen before:  a pilot was photographed next to a plane or in the cockpit of a plane and then authors and profile artists rush to pronounce that the plane was his/her "personal plane".  I-16 with inscription "For Stalin" became Safornov's personal plane, P-39 with 50+ stars became "Pokrishkin's airacobra" etc.  Similar thing happened with Kostylev and LaGG-3 No 35 (or 75 among other numbers) which appears on the following photo:

According to Kostylev's own words his "personal LaGG-3" had number 64:

В начале войны я получил самолёт типа ЛаГГ-3. В списках полка он значился просто под номером "64", но я дал ему другое имя. Я назвал свою машину "Коломбиной". За красоту. А после того, как я сбил на ней 10-й вражеский самолёт, я переименовал её в "Сказку". На "Коломбине - Сказке" я дрался весь первый год войны.
from http://airaces.narod.ru/all1/kostylv1.htm

Occasionally Kostilev flew other LaGG-3s.  in February 1942 he was shot down in an another LaGG-3:

К началу Февраля 1942 года за мной уже числилось уже 18 сбитых самолётов. Но 5 Февраля я замечтался, увлёкся разведкой и меня самого сбили. Я и не видел, как и откуда ко мне подошли. Я даже не обиделся - рассеянных учат.

В этот день я единственный раз вылетел не на своей "Сказке", а на самолёте товарища. И вот самолёт этот запылал. Захватив все данные разведки, я выпрыгнул на парашюте - высота была 3000 метров.

So, Kostylev may have been shot down in the plane No 35 (or 75, or 73), but his personal plane was LaGG-3 no "64"

I hope Massimo will correct his LaGG-3 profiles and web pages soon...

Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:02:28 PM »

Hi Konstantin,
this forum is in English. I have once asked to post Russian text only if provided with a translation (unless, of course, one is asking for a translation). So, please, provide.
Second, I have not written any theory about this being his personal plane for all the war or what else. Reading the comment of '35', I have only to change 'his' into 'this' and this is enough.
Eventually I can add that plane 64, of which I have already drawn a profile, was his personal plane.

At the beginning of the war, I got the type of plane LaGG-3 . The lists of the regiment he was listed just under the number " 64" , but I gave it a different name . I called my car " Columbine ." For beauty. And after I knocked on her 10th enemy plane , I renamed it the " Tale ." On " Columbine - Tale " I fought the entire first year

I remember about what you sustained about 'personal planes' :
In general, except for commanders, VVS pilots did not have "personal" planes.  They flew what was available.

and insisted on this.
This looks hardly sustainable after having read the memoirs of Kostylev.
Please think to correct your own errors too, before publicizing those of others in this way.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:29:11 AM »

Please think to correct your own errors too, before publicizing those of others in this way.

What way?  What is wrong in my previous post?
You've got information that could be used to correct profiles and text.  Instead of "thank you" you are aggressive.
Regards,
KL  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:32:43 AM by KL » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 06:28:47 AM »

OK, I've modified the comment to the profiles.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:33:46 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
KL

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 08:18:23 PM »

Hi Massimo,
good to see you are willing to change some of those old pages.

It would be good to separate LaGG-3 No 35 (or 75) and LaGG-3 No 64 from 44 iap LaGG-3s and from winter 1942/43 3 giap LaGG-3s - because they are a separate case.  Both LaGG-3s belonged to 5 iap VVS KBF and both photos were taken in winter 1941/42.  Both LaGG-3s were made by Zavod 21 in summer 1941 and they were both different than 44 iap and 3 giap LaGG-3s.

Regards,
KL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: