Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
model of unpainted Yak-3
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 12:07:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: model of unpainted Yak-3  (Read 3343 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: July 10, 2014, 08:17:53 PM »

Hi,
there is an impressive model here.
http://scalemodels.ru/articles/7021-zvezda-1-48-jak-3---iz-chego-zhe-sdelany-nashi-jaki.html
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:45:07 AM »

Thank you for the link, Massimo! I've seen that done with an Il-2, but not with a Yakovlev fighter. One of these days I may try it with a Shturmovik. Hard to get that wood grain look, but I suppose I could use wood grain decals.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:40:37 AM »

HI,
I also see that unpainted Il-2. Plus somewhere I saw Yak-3 (if remember correctly) painted from one (left) side while unpainted from the other (right) side, very intersting idea.

regards,
   66misos

learstang

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 05:59:58 AM »

I don't think I've seen the half-painted Yak - that is an interesting idea. If I do my Il-2, I'll probably do it in 1/72nd scale, my preferred scale. As it is, I have five nearly completed Il-2's to finish first!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: