Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1:48 scale VVS seatbelts?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 02:01:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1:48 scale VVS seatbelts?  (Read 5063 times)
VelvetFrog66

« on: July 05, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »

Hi.

Just wondering about the availability of VVS seatbelts in 1:48 scale?
Saw a tiny PE set from AML but that's about all I've come across.

Is there anything else available? Are the AML ones good?

Cheers,
Robert
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »

Hi Robert,
Czech company HGW http://shop.hgwmodels.cz/en/ has nice seatbelts, and also other stuff.
From VVS they have belts only for Il-2 http://shop.hgwmodels.cz/en/148-scale/353-iljuschin-il-2-seatbelts-148-148531.html
I do not know whether Il-2 seatbelts were something standard applicable also for other planes, or something specific only for Il-2
Regards,
   66misos

VelvetFrog66

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:14:54 PM »

Thanks 66misos.

My first two 1:48 VVS subjects are IL-2s so they are perfect. Thanks too for providing the link. Makes things much easier.

Hopefully one of the experts here can tell us if the IL-2 seatbelts would be applicable to other types.

Regards,
Robert
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:18:06 PM »

Hi Robert,
I do not know how familiar you are with another Czech company EDUAR. You wrote you have two Il-2.
So probably some aftermarket stuff from Eduard could be interesting for you
http://www.eduard.com/store/index.php?stoken=ABB2587B&force_sid=506cff578176d6cdc68a074f7fb6242b&lang=1&currency=0&cl=search&listorderby=oxarticles.oxactivefrom&listorder=desc&sendSearchForm=1&searchparam=Il-2+1%2F48
If you click on the picture, anothe page will open showing that particular PE parts added to the unpainted plastic kit like here:

Here are already prepainted PE parts:

Seawinder

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »

The AML set isn't bad, although it's unpainted (which may or may not be a drawback). In the USA it's available from UMM. I've also got a couple of generic VVS seat belt sets made by ExtraTech, another Czech company. Don't remember from where I obtained them, but they're available at Hannants. Also unpainted. They look usable, but not as well detailed as the AML set.
VelvetFrog66

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »

Thanks 66misos and Seawinder.

Quite a few new options there. I'll have a good look and work out which ones would suit my purposes best and order some in.

I'll need three sets now I have added a Sukhoi Su-2 to the collection. I'm guessing the Il-2 seatbelts would also be suitable for the Su-2.

Regards,
Robert
Bonehammer

Stealing the nail file from her own purse

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »

Just wondering about the availability of VVS seatbelts in 1:48 scale?

IIRC the Soviets acquired the licence for the Sutton harness system before the GPW. According to Radu Brinzan, "Soviet aircraft of WW2 such as MiG-3, Yak-1, Yak-7, Yak-9 and Yak-3" and others carried A-type Sutton harnesses. The harness for the Il-2 pilot is different, with a round clip.

I'm too lazy to even fi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: