Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hello for New York State, USA
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:37:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello for New York State, USA  (Read 5486 times)
Iceman2632

« on: July 16, 2014, 06:15:25 AM »

A quick note to say hello from New York and a big thank you to the mods for letting me join the forums. I have just recently returned to model building last year after 20 plus years away from the hobby. I now have an interest in building WW2 aircrafts and armor. I hope to learn all I can about various subjects regarding WW2 and modern aircraft and armor history.
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:14:19 AM »

Hello !

...also from New York...

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
learstang

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:24 PM »

Welcome to the site, Iceman! If you have any questions about the Il-2 Shturmovik, I'm reasonably knowledgeable about it.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Iceman2632

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »

Oh yeah - the War Wagon herself. The Il-2 is my favorite Russian aircraft of WW2. That particular aircraft is high on my list to build. I will definitely keep you in mind with questions when the time comes. I thank you for that.
Dark Green Man

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »

why is it no one is interested in Yakovlev fighters?
(that's my speciality)
the Il-2 is mt second favorite Smiley

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Iceman2632

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 03:14:19 PM »

To be honest- before I even bought the Mig-3 kit, I had  my eye on a Yak-3 kit. In the January 2014 issue of Flypast magazine, there was an article about Il-2 and a Yak-3 aircraft found in Russia. They are going to restore them and possibly get them into flying condition again. The Yak aircraft in that magazine is what I want to build in a kit. Same for the Il-2.

K.Ingraham

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 04:56:51 AM »

Welcome Iceman--and that makes three from New York. I'm in Binghamton where we have an active modeler's IPMS club--you are more than welcome to join us. You too GreenMan!

Where are you guys?

Drop me a line at viacnr  AT gmail etc.

Kevin
Dark Green Man

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 07:44:40 AM »

I've updated my profile to include my hometown.

do you still have a good hard rock radio station?

Troy Smith

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 11:08:17 PM »

To be honest- before I even bought the Mig-3 kit, I had  my eye on a Yak-3 kit. In the January 2014 issue of Flypast magazine, there was an article about Il-2 and a Yak-3 aircraft found in Russia. They are going to restore them and possibly get them into flying condition again. The Yak aircraft in that magazine is what I want to build in a kit. Same for the Il-2.

Yak-3, Which scale?   in 1/72 John Thompson is up on his Yak kits, in 1/48th the Zvezda is better than the Eduard kit. 

HTH
T
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: